Interesting error

Status
Not open for further replies.

javaguy78

Reaction score
I have my domain www.themaskedcrusader.com parked and pointed to my advanced account at themaskedcrusader.exofire.net.

When I browse to www.themaskedcrusader.com, my site comes up, but if I click on a link, the URL changes from www.themaskedcrusader.com to my subdomained account on exofire.net (themaskedcrusader.exofire.net).

How do I get it to stick where when I click a link, it stays on my domain www.themaskedcrusader.com, and not switching between www.themaskedcrusader.com and themaskedcrusader.exofire.com?

The reason I ask is I use cookies for my admin login, and if I log into themaskedcrusader.exofire.net, my admin rights are tied to that domain name, and not to www.themaskedcrusader.com. so if it switches, it lose my admin rights and am required to log in again.

You can see it by going to my site (www.themaskedcrusader.com) and clicking on the Admin Login link. The link points to www.themaskedcrusader.com/admin, but redirects to www.themaskedcrusader.exofire.net/admin

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Has any of the staff made the change in WHM for you. ??

buileminh

Reaction score
javaguy78 said:
I have my domain www.themaskedcrusader.com parked and pointed to my advanced account at themaskedcrusader.exofire.net.

When I browse to www.themaskedcrusader.com, my site comes up, but if I click on a link, the URL changes from www.themaskedcrusader.com to my subdomained account on exofire.net (themaskedcrusader.exofire.net).

How do I get it to stick where when I click a link, it stays on my domain www.themaskedcrusader.com, and not switching between www.themaskedcrusader.com and themaskedcrusader.exofire.com?

The reason I ask is I use cookies for my admin login, and if I log into themaskedcrusader.exofire.net, my admin rights are tied to that domain name, and not to www.themaskedcrusader.com. so if it switches, it lose my admin rights and am required to log in again.

You can see it by going to my site (www.themaskedcrusader.com) and clicking on the Admin Login link. The link points to www.themaskedcrusader.com/admin, but redirects to www.themaskedcrusader.exofire.net/admin

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
Dont worry! It is the way parked domains work!
Try to add a "/" (without quote) at the end of your link, you win not be redirected. I have known this issue for a long time but I have not found a solution yet because it may be fixed by re-config the server under root permission :D! So, there are 2 solutions for you now:
1 - Change the main domain
2 - Add "/" at the end of your URLs

Do you see the difference between http://www.themaskedcrusader.com/admin/ and http://www.themaskedcrusader.com/admin ? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.