internal 500 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonzell164

Reaction score
Hi, i just installed a new mod on my website, but now im getting a internal 500 error, i can longer access my website as this just keep coming up, just wondering if you guys have any error logs explaining or showing whats wrong, webiste is americaneaglesmodding.elementfx.com looking at my error log in the c panel shows nothing, but clearly there is a problem

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello, this is commonly caused by incorrect file/folder permissions (files should be 644, folders 755), or bad .htaccess files.

See http://x10hosting.com/wiki/500_Internal_Server_Error for more information (although it isn't very helpful for people not already familiar with what it is talking about)

Last edited:

brandonzell164

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply, well i checked all my folder and files and the permissions are set correctly, however as far as the .htacess file i didnt see that in with the rest of the files (although thats probably because thats not where its located lol) im still pretty new to all this, and its starting to get a bit frustrating lol.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
you won't see .htaccess unless you enable dotfiles in the cPanel File Manager. There should be an option at the bottom of cPanel to reset all interface settings. After you do that, check the "Show hidden files" box when you open file manager to see if you have any .htaccess files

Status
Not open for further replies.