Internal Server Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghardin

Reaction score
I recnetly installed an app,ication that seemed to go properly, but after the inital setup of the application (paths, mysql info etc) I now get Internal Server Errors when I run any of the scripts, as shown in this excerpt from my log tonight:
[Sun Sep 9 21:00:28 2007] [error] [client .......] File does not exist: /xxx/xxx/public_html/500.shtml
[Sun Sep 9 21:00:28 2007] [error] [client .......] Premature end of script headers: /xxx/xxx/public_html/cgi-bin/visale/amlgi.cgi

Any ideas where I might start looking for the problem?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Try chmodding the files to 755

ghardin

Reaction score
the app setup had me chmod the cgi-bin and visale folders to 755, the rest to 777. .txt files to 777 and .cgi to 755. I "believe" I did all of that correctly.
Edit:
rechecked the files and found some incorrect. Now when I run the application http://grhardin.x10hosting.com/cgi-bin/visale/pbhm.cgi
there is a message from the app - "Got an error: Cannot connect to the database.. ERROR: :)errstr)
For help, please report this bug to us.
Bug has been reported, but it appears to not be connecting to MySql database.
Running the apps admin center still gives the internal server error, but it is in the same folder with the pbhm.cgi. which runs but gives the database error. Running the apps setup utility, which is in the same folder with pbhm.cgi and amlgi.cgi, which ran fine yesterday, so also gives the internal server error.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Has to be some permission issue or the file is trying to access things it's not allowed to. CGI is definitely enabled on your account.

I would try to get support from the developers.

-Corey

ghardin

Reaction score
Thanks Corey.
I am waiting on a response from them. There are a LOT of files to check for permissions. Is there a way to get a dump of all of the files in the folders that would show the permissions for each file and folder?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I outputted an LS to a text file in the public_html of your account with all the permissions.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.