Internet and Grammar

Divinorum

Reaction score
I've been hanging around IRC quite a lot, and I've never found terrible channels full of l33t sp34krz, probably because they are rare on freenode.net ? Though I've seen channel admins kick people because of inappropriate writing and punctuation :D
I do perfectly agree with them.

English as a second language? So? Don't tell me they have no punctuation/capitalization in your language :|

English is my third language. ¬.¬

irc.quakenet.org

A lot of languages don't have capitalizaiton or punctuation, in fact most languages don't require it.

But whatever.

In my channel I don't care how people type as long as it is not leetspeak.

The only reason leetspeak was even started was so real hackers could get away with writing things about illegal material, and hacking techniques. But some dumb 12 year olds thought it was cool and started using it.

I just want to be able to understand people, if they can't type flawlessly that's not my concern, I just get really pissed off "\/\/ |-| 3 |\| 1 533 7 |-| 1 5." It's very annoying to read.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, it's very annoying to read. I don't see how hackers could get buy with it anyway -- it is readable after you go over it a few times. They'd be better off sharing in binary code! Haha