Prime Account
Reaction score
What internet browser do you use?

I use Chrome. The best one, imo :biggrin:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Firefox. Have the latest Beta (Firefox 6) and Firefox 8 Nightly installed.

Darkmere

Reaction score
I go with Firefox because I can sync all my bookmarks to their server so that if I have to reinstall, go to a different computer or anything else that may happen I can recall all my settings and bookmarks from them. Also Firefox has a neat feature called share screen where I can share the web page I am on with my mobile phone, tablet or a friends comp

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I go with Firefox because I can sync all my bookmarks to their server so that if I have to reinstall, go to a different computer or anything else that may happen I can recall all my settings and bookmarks from them. Also Firefox has a neat feature called share screen where I can share the web page I am on with my mobile phone, tablet or a friends comp

Chrome also has the sync feature :p I can sync bookmarks, extensions, passwords, themes to my Google account

as for the share screen, I don't think Chrome has it, but I don't need it

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Anything but IE.

Mostly Firefox (LiveHeaders and Firebug plugins) with Chrome/Iron

DanielWhite

Reaction score
Firefox all the way, without a doubt and no competition.

I do use Google Chrome for like, 1-2 sites though, but that is it.

Darkmere

Reaction score
Chrome also has the sync feature :p I can sync bookmarks, extensions, passwords, themes to my Google account

as for the share screen, I don't think Chrome has it, but I don't need it

Chrome doesnt have it ... Firefox does but mainly bc it is supported by more platforms. For instance like if I was talking to you in public about a cool website and you state you wanted to see it I can pull my cell phone out sync the firefox browser on the phone and retrieve the history from off my PC.

But side by side Chrome is faster for now anyways, Mozila opened a challenge with google recently as a competition to make the best web browser so may see both excelling more in one area than another. Like the new firefox that will coming out is two times faster than chrome. As for looks, they both look the same to me, except that firefox has a tiny tab called firefox for the main menu. Then it comes to trust, Mozila and W3C web standards are ran by the same people

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I use Firefox 6 Beta regularly (also have Aurora Channel version installed). I love the powerful extension system. Even though it's not the fastest browser, I like being able to customize everything and nothing else seems to come close. I usually can't notice any speed differences anyway.

I like Opera too :)

supanut200042

Reaction score
I use Firefox. It's the best one, and is the only one that is secure, customizable, and is usable for blind people who depend on screen readers like me since both Jaws and NVDA supports Firefox. I also like the new interface introduced in Firefox 4. But one thing I don't like about Firefox is recently it crashes a lot, especially on flash sites and sometimes on this forum.

Camo Yoshi

Reaction score
I use Firefox 3.6.x, Later versions of FF have the awful UI of Chrome.

When none of my plugins work for FF 3.6, I'm not sure what I'll be doing, perhaps I'll be using some other web browser that's not IE, Chrome, Opera, FF...

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I use both Chrome and Safari. I use Safari for nearly everything, but for development I use Chrome. Chrome just lacks in certain features that I use for normal web browsing.

I don't like Firefox, it is way too bloated.

cheezo

Reaction score
i use firefox and seamonkey browser as i'm a puppy linux user. :D

requiem9650

Reaction score
Chrome here. Feels a bit more stable than firefox, but then again it's probably because my computer's specs aren't the greatest at the moment. Still need to fix 'er up.

supanut200042

Reaction score
I really don't understand why Sharky likes IE

Oh cool...
I think he likes IE because it's came with Windows, most users used IE because it came with Windows. Firefox's market share will only boom when OEMs started including Firefox on new computers, and replace the IE icon on the taskbar with Firefox icon.

Darkmere

Reaction score
Oh cool...
I think he likes IE because it's came with Windows, most users used IE because it came with Windows. Firefox's market share will only boom when OEMs started including Firefox on new computers, and replace the IE icon on the taskbar with Firefox icon.

Dont you mean OS ... OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer and is for Hardware :p

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Actually most of the oems include preinstalled software with a new computer so if they included FireFox market share would go up as it is not likely with IE being Microsoft's that they will drop it and go with mozilla.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I really don't understand why Sharky likes IE

It's probably because he might have work-related sites that only work with IE. If you haven't seen a Lotus Notes Domino Web Access site for example, if it's old you'll notice it requires ActiveX support; meaning IE is absolutely needed.