Internet Explorer Hacks

as4s1n

Reaction score
As everybody knows how horrible I.E. is at parsing websites, I have a problem. For some reason, when I load up my page in FF3/GC4.1.x.x.x the header near the top left of the page looks exactly how I want it to, with 5px of padding on each side giving a nice gap between each side. But, when I load it up in IE 7/8 it works mostly but the top-padding seems to have dissappeared. I have tried the '_' hack using
Code:
#content-header {
/* ... */
padding:5px;
_padding-top:10px;
/* ... */
}

But since that doesn't work I think I am doing something wrong. Is there another method to fix that. It may be a small but but it keeps my site from looking exactly the way I want it to.

Attachments

• css_issue_IE..jpg
    css_issue_IE..jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
You neglected to include a link to a live page.

as4s1n

Reaction score
Sorry, Here.

And that was a typo on my post, it is spelled correctly on my CSS page.

Side note: It actually works on IE8 but not IE7. and considering a lot a people still have IE7 it is going to be a problem

Edit1: I found out what was wrong and fixed it. I had an H2 tag and, apparently, IE parses the margin differently so I removed the margin and applied the padding to the H2 tag so it's all fixed now

Off topic: Microsoft really needs to fix all that, I hope they do with IE9

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up, it's very possible it'll be another version that falls behind the features of every other browser. I don't know why Microsoft feel they have the right to misinterpret the standards so much.

as4s1n

Reaction score
I guess they think that, as a monopoly, they can do whatever they feel like.