Internet speeds

jaredvann

Reaction score
Im just interested. What are you fastest internet speeds you can get?

I have 8meg broadband and I can only get about 600kbps download and 50kbps upload.

;)

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I have a lazy 256 kbps connection and get about 30 kbps download and the same for upload.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Im just interested. What are you fastest internet speeds you can get?

I have 8meg broadband and I can only get about 600kbps download and 50kbps upload.

;)

You sure those numbers are right?

I'm on local 6meg and getting (currently I might add thanks to uTorrent) 629kb/sec down, and 46kb/sec up (kilobytes, not kilobits).

Sounds like you're getting ripped off a bit :S

Edit: I might be getting more than I paid for too, that's always possible. Doubt it (it's Charter after all), but possible :)

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
That a nice one chougard, i went to the site and i found out that my download is at 496kbps and my upload is 102kbps, i hate my internet connection and i am planning to get a faster one soon...

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I pay for a 7.1Mbps/1.5Mbps DSL connection. I get about 7.3Mbps on the download, and hit my upload exactly according to Speakeasy. My pings are very low, down in the teens and the 20's to game servers on east cost, and often times in the 30's to west coast.

When downloading, I pull a solid speed no matter what time of day it is, or what time of year. If I had cable, I'd be lagging like crazy right now, and all the time during the summer when school is out because of the slowdowns in the area. My download in kilobytes is 934.5KB/s (oftem times I see it downloading at 1MB/s!). My upload holds solid any time as well, and goes at 184.2KB/s. It's some pretty crazy speeds for DSL.

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Here's mine

But I live out in the countryside so it varies a lot according to time of day etc.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have 2Mbps ie 2048 kbps connection at my home.
When downloading from high bandwidth capable channels (not torrent servers to name some):
Downloading:
I get around 2Mbps for 65 % of time and for rest 35 % time, its over 3044 kbps.
While Uploading: I get 960 - 527 kbps for most of the time.
For torrent sites and most of others:
I tested my connection for torrent sites and I don't want to even remember those datas.(***This may be due to US CrackDown on them)

FalseHope

Reaction score
I get 240 kb/s download speed and a max of 60-70 kb/s upload speed.

Xemnas

Reaction score
Supposedly I have a 1.5Mbit connection. Speedtest has other ideas though:

which is ironic since with with a download manager I only hit an infrequent maximum of 160kbits/s. So yeah, my internet sucks. Worse still though, my dad has 20Mbits in his office and all he uses the internet for is email (not even signing up for paid hosting with x10!), which poses the question, why?

Last edited: