Introducing myself.

jfshoste

Reaction score
Hello all,

Forward note: I've been an x10hosting user for well over a year, but opened this new account a while ago but didn't introduce myself (had an old account which closed out when I got busy with exams).

Currently using the free hosting for my own personal website, and perhaps a separate programming/development website too.

A little about me

On IRC I go by the nick "j4m32", most people call me Jim, I'm from the UK and studying Electronic Engineering at University of Sheffield.

I'm very much in to music and listen to a variety of genres, to name a few: Jazz, Blues, Rock and Metal.
I also enjoy playing Guitar, been playing for about 9 years, I am also fairly fluent at Spanish as I've studied it for 7 years and spoken it for 9 or 10 years.
I'm in to a bit of gaming, mainly FPS titles such as: Counter Strike: Source, Borderlands, UT series, Portal, etc...

Guitar

For any of you who're particularly interested in electric guitar and gear, here is my current setup:

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DX with: Seymour Duncan SH-2 Jazz (Neck), DiMarzio Crunch Lab DP-228F (Bridge), Added: Tremol-No & Coiltap (split) switch.

Amp: Laney VC30-112 (EL84/12AX7 Valve combo, 1x12" Celestion Seventy 80 speaker)

Effects pedals: Dunlop Crybaby Wah Wah (Original reissue), Ibanez TS9 - Clone, MXR Phase 90 - Clone.

Clone = Made myself from various schematics and customised.

Programming & Computing

Been in to programming and electronics for a good 10 years, I am reasonably fluent in various languages, to name a few:
C, C++ (MSVCC and GNU), Java, PHP, Python, FORTRAN, VB5/6 and touched briefly on some Assembly...

Also have knowledge in/with:
MySQL administration, a little experience with setting up Apache + MySQL and security practices, Shell scripting & Linux/UNIX environments. Various PHP content management systems and forum software, such as: PHPNuke & variants, WordPress, Joomla/Mambo, touched on Drupal and DragonFlyCMS.

I previously helped to run a multinational gaming community, which was called Wolfstuff, where I helped to maintain the 6 game servers, develop the website, the content and maintain the site security, file sever mirrors for game files.

Note: Also, I am interested in the possibility of becoming part of the support here for the free hosting, since on a couple of occasions I have helped out users on the IRC channel, although I don't have lots of spare time on a regular basis. I did help a Spanish speaking user earlier today who did not have very good/any English, and I noticed there are one or two Spanish specific boards here.

Jim,