invision board (V 2.0.0 PF3)

scylla

Reaction score
I need some help in getting my forum to show the thread and post totals instead of just the post totals in the statistics bar. Anyone got a script to do this? Here's my forum if you don't know what version I'm talking about.

http://gaming.x10hosting.com/forums

also, pm me if you need a copy of the same board version that i'm running.

audionation

Reaction score
Does anyone know the most feature packed forum there is? It must be free tho.

Thanks,
Steven Ross

fergandross

Reaction score
well i heard that vBulletin is actually the most features, but i heard that fireboard is good

mskprathap

Reaction score
audionation said:
Does anyone know the most feature packed forum there is? It must be free tho.

Thanks,
Steven Ross

YaBB 1 Gold sp1.4 is free open source software,easy to set and use.Plenty of Mods(hacks) and skins/templates avaialble so u can have whatever feature u want.This is the stable version.

www.yabbforum.com

They released YaBB 2 RC 1 which is Release candidate and has plenty of most commonly used Mods/hacks already in the software programme.

In case u want to see this forum with features in action,u can see it at my forum

http://mskprathap.freeprohost.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

or their site.

mskprathap

scylla

Reaction score
hey people, instead of jumping off of subject here. Can anyone help me out with what I asked to begin with?

phenetic

Reaction score
^^^If you were using any version of IPB 2 before they went paid, you can still continue to run it. but you will be offered no official support (like its any good). Only way you can use IPB 3 is if you get if via cPanel or by using a free IPB host of some sort. IPB 2 and vBulletin have the same built in features, its just to activate some of them, you need to buy them. =/

scylla

Reaction score
Theory said:
I'm pretty sure you aren't permitted to use versions of Invision Power Board greater than 1.3 without having a license. I would have to double check, I'll get back to you. If you aren't permitted to use Invision 1.3+, unfortunately, you would have to remove that from your site or use a converter to go from IPB to another forum software of your choice :)

It turns out that I can use it as long as I wish to. Check this post I made at invisionboard.com and read the 2 following posts underneath it.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=158462&st=0&p=1104964&#entry1104964

GhoSt said:
What is the differance beetwen 2.0 and 2.0 pf 3? ? ? ? ?

2.0.3 is the latest release, (with limitations included, including unreadable php coding). 2.0.0 PF3 is a version I snagged while I was at invisionfree. So far its not under the limitations set for the newer ipb 2.0+ boards:

"The trial version is encoded which means you are unable to view the PHP source or modify the PHP source."

"5000 Posts
1000 Topics
1000 Personal Messages
200 Members
Bulk Mailer Disabled
Language Editing Disabled
SQL Toolbox Disabled
No IPB Portal Included
No SSI Export Facilities
No ability to upgrade between trial versions"

By the way, that reminds me. I'm going to raise my member #'s past 200 just to make sure.....

prasys

Reaction score
Hmm a friend of mine (who works @ IPB) gave me a free IPB 2.0.3 copy. Of coruse with a limited code (no tech support but everything removed)..I am loving it at the moment..But I found no any use for it..Its just sitting there on my iDisk

phenetic

Reaction score
heres how i see it:

IPB: Newbies
phpBB: Styles
vBulletin: Hacks/Mods

now if there was somehting that had all of em...like Burning Board...:D

Maurice

Reaction score
Hmmm, you mean the WoltLab Burning Board? I used it once and it owns SMF, but not Vbulletin, since its paid ;)

Articz

Reaction score
from what i just read from the link (http://forums.invisionpower.com/ind...4&#entry1104964)
that means that all versions lower than 2.0.0 (.0.1 really) is under the trial license which mean that we can use them. until we want to buy.

everything up to 2.0.0 (.0.1 really) is under the trial license. You can use it as long as you want (since as mentioned, there is no "permanent use" of IPB

so does this mean that we are allowed to use ipb v2 using this host or do we have to stay with v1.3 final ?