Invision Power Board 2.0 Final LEGAL Download

moose

Reaction score
Ok, so I've seen a few topics talking about forums, and came past one that was locked, but was talking about distributing NULLIFIED downloads.

I think that everyone should respect the developers, and if they ask for money for their product, you either buy it, save up, or just forget it.

But ok, so I found this Google-ing.

Nag on to it. Just don't forget to read about the modified class_display.php file.

External Link to IPB 2.0 FINAL

XColl

Reaction score
It's not legal for the last time. He's distrubuting the product as in their license said you cannot do that.

So, that guy is risking his server / site to get removed.

B

Brandon

Close this thread its for an illegal verison. IPB doesn't want you to distrubite it

moose

Reaction score
Ok well this kind of makes me confused. The first released version, posted above was distributed free. Legally.

InvisionPower Forums said:
Originally, the first version 2 release was free, but IPS decided that it had to be purchased.

So I'm not 100% sure if it's illegal because I'm sure other users were able to snatch the same version when it was free..

Well if this is wrong, I will repost the IPB 1.3.

mattspec

Reaction score
1.2 is in cpanel, 2.0 was released under license 1.3.1 which it is illegal to re-dist, how many times are we going to have this damn convo...

Oni

Reaction score
IPB 2.0.0 was the last free legal* IPB Version. Alot thought it was 1.3, but it's not.

THIS IPB 2.0.0 is LEGAL!

mattspec

Reaction score
1.3 was the last legal version to distrib, 1.3.1 was the first that you werent allowed to distrib, 2.0 was released under 1.3.1's license, so it is LEGAL to use (if you downloaded it while is was available on invision's site, if you download it anywhere else, it is illegal!), not legal to distrib...

Last edited:

hyeclass

Reaction score
i remember having to download 2.0 from p2p cause i couldn't get it free :s not to use i just wanted to see how it was :p

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
pulse__xx said:
this is a illegal post! also www.mtechxp.com is using this on his forums.

may i ask how you know thats an illegal version. he could of gone out and bought it. not saying that that isn't legal but how do you know its illegal.

moose

Reaction score
Well hey, this was the version distributed when IPB 2.0 was still free. You can go around looking at some news sources that it was infact free at first. It was even posted at the IPB forums.

If you guys are so sure of yourselves that it's illegal, please post some evidence that it is, otherwise, just posting "it's illegal" would just be spam.

XColl

Reaction score
If you're so sure its not illegal, then give evidence too, as I already gave evidence in the other IPB threads.

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
if you are talking to me (not clear on who you are talking to) i never said that i thought it was legal. I said it COULD be legal.

Also can you post some of the urls to the posts that you are talking about.