iopd touch wireless

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
So, I got myself an ipod touch. Work has wireless internet, and it's encrypted, but doesn't use a pre-shared key. I believe it uses the Windows authentication and a certificate (I think). Any ideas how I can connect the touch to this network? Obviously, I know my own credentials.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
So, I got myself an ipod touch. Work has wireless internet, and it's encrypted, but doesn't use a pre-shared key. I believe it uses the Windows authentication and a certificate (I think). Any ideas how I can connect the touch to this network? Obviously, I know my own credentials.

+1?

I might start stalking you.

~Callum

mattblog

Reaction score
Did you try asking for their login password and Alex, thats only a bit creepy.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Is your work using a RADIUS server or 802.1x + Encryption? The iPod Touch is rather limited in this department. You can connect to most networks, but when it requires specific certificates, it's a good bet it won't work. My iPod Touches don't have such an option for RADIUS or Certificate support, at least from what I've seen.

Last edited:

dibb3386

Reaction score
Could wait till 4.0 OS comes out they might have something on there with RADIUS and N+ encryption,

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I have no idea - I know it uses a certificate if that helps ?

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok an update - there's an option for WPA2 Enterprise and it has boxes for a username and password -- any idea on the format this should use? I log on specifying a domain, username and password.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Try using WINNTSTYLE\Username and Password.

There is a WINNT style domain, which is like a workgroup, and then a W2K+ style domain, which is like int.brandonlong.me.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Try using WINNTSTYLE\Username and Password.

There is a WINNT style domain, which is like a workgroup, and then a W2K+ style domain, which is like int.brandonlong.me.

Ah, didn't try the full version. Cheers B