IP address issues? STARKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcasey7

Reaction score
I've had a website setup at http://fantasy.caseyhome.com for a few months now. It's always worked fine. Now when I go there, its giving the following error:

ATTENTION!
If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.

After some digging, i've found that starka.x10hosting.com now goes to 69.162.111.27, where it used to be 69.162.111.26. If i put the .26 as the ip address for the site in my hosts file (to bypass dns), it loads fine. My account panel still says starka should be my server though. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks
Chris (cmcasey7 cpanel name)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
caseyhome.com is not pointing to x10 means Its names servers are not

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Set them first. Then you are able to create subdomains and you can control them

cmcasey7

Reaction score
I *have* to use your nameservers? I have fantasy.caseyhome.com set as a CNAME record pointing to starka.x10hosting.com. Why was that working before, but not anymore?

Thanks!
Chris

mc se7en

Reaction score
Yes, if you don't use the x10 nameservers nothing will work properly.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
caseyhome.com is not pointing to x10 means Its names servers are not

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Set them first. Then you are able to create subdomains and you can control them
You don't have to use x10 namservers for DNS. You can use external nameservers as long as they correctly point to your server.

I noticed a while back that starka had multiple IP's. My domain (ahunt.org) currently points to the .26 IP, starka.x10hosting.com points to 27. It seems that apache only serves domain content through the .26 IP address, why is unknown to me (separate apache process listening on a different IP is a possibility to make the cpanel-serving apache process more robust / independent of the hosting), so set your domain A-Record to the .26 adress, since that should work fine. Whatever the case, starka seems only to serve the content for your domain if you request it from the .26 IP address, since if I request ahunt.org from the 27 domain, it gives the apache page.

Edit: I missed a few posts there: you can't use starka as a CNAME anymore, since it serves as a separate domain, it *might* work though if you set any other domain served from starka as a cname though (do you have one of those standard x10 subdomains? Try use that as the cname). If you can though try to use A-Record.

Last edited:

cmcasey7

Reaction score
I'll just use an A record instead then. i was using the CNAME DNS record because I figured they might change the IP addresses at some point. if that ever happens, i'll worry about it when the time comes.

Thanks for the reply though, I didnt think ti made sense that i would be forced to use the x10 nameservers.

Status
Not open for further replies.