IP.Board, watch out, here I come

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello Daniel,
I just checked it but cannot login. But i will wait for its completion.
Nice work dude....

Danielx386

Reaction score
^ ahhh sorry, creating the demo account now. This is what happens when I got get enough sleep :(

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Ok after creating demo account pls post it.So i can aslo see how it works....

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
I just checked it. When i just posted a test topic it was showing parse error.

Danielx386

Reaction score
Found the issue, replace it with an older version of viewtopic.php till the bug is fixed

Thanks

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Hey Daniel , its working perfect now.. Good job......

Last edited:

Hauzer

Reaction score
Hey there,

I just happened to notice the thread. Just some quick words I'd like to say to maybe give you some tips or improvement areas. In my opinion, the default style you should be using when modifying a phpBB style should be "subsilver2" as this is more customizable and effective to work with.

Also, without working too closely to IPB, you could also get certain features from vB as well. By getting the features, I mean that you should copy certain features without "ripping" them. At the end, you could offer the board as a "Pro-phpBB" bulletin board.

Best of luck with your project. ;)

Danielx386

Reaction score
Hey there,

I just happened to notice the thread. Just some quick words I'd like to say to maybe give you some tips or improvement areas. In my opinion, the default style you should be using when modifying a phpBB style should be "subsilver2" as this is more customizable and effective to work with.

Also, without working too closely to IPB, you could also get certain features from vB as well. By getting the features, I mean that you should copy certain features without "ripping" them. At the end, you could offer the board as a "Pro-phpBB" bulletin board.

Best of luck with your project. ;)

Thankyou for the feedback. Untill I get all the features working with PHPBB, i'll work with prosilver since most mods has details on what edits need to be done. Once I got everything working, I will switch back to subsilver2 and let the magic begins.

Now you said that you wanted to see some features from VB, What would you like to see?

Daniel

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Thankyou for the feedback. Untill I get all the features working with PHPBB, i'll work with prosilver since most mods has details on what edits need to be done. Once I got everything working, I will switch back to subsilver2 and let the magic begins.

Now you said that you wanted to see some features from VB, What would you like to see?

Daniel

Well Adding rep system will be great.

I search for rep MOD for phpbb3 but can`t find some special.

Danielx386

Reaction score
Well Adding rep system will be great.

I search for rep MOD for phpbb3 but can`t find some special.

Good thinking, I'm also looking at adding the thank button as well. (So that don't get users saying "thank 4 posting" or "t4p" all the time)

Daniel

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Hello Daniel,
Try this REPS MOD .
Here are some recommendations .I have not used it so dont know more about it. So just give a try
And dont forget to post back the results..

Danielx386

Reaction score
Hello Daniel,
Try this REPS MOD .
Here are some recommendations .I have not used it so dont know more about it. So just give a try
And dont forget to post back the results..

Hey,

Thanks for the links :)

Now I got some bright news, PHPBB 3.0.7 just been release, this means that i'm going to rebuild the lot from scratch. But it won't take that long, just more work on my head. Also I will need to wait for the phpbb-seo mod to be updated. But that no big deal.

Daniel

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the links :)

Now I got some bright news, PHPBB 3.0.7 just been release, this means that i'm going to rebuild the lot from scratch. But it won't take that long, just more work on my head. Also I will need to wait for the phpbb-seo mod to be updated. But that no big deal.

Daniel

Ok Daniel ,Waiting for that big Pro Version from you.

Danielx386

Reaction score
Ok, I got a question for everyone to answer, should I release it without the seo mod? (and let people install it later) or should I hope that they update their packages quickly? I really want to get it out for people to download asap.

What do you think?

Daniel

Last edited:

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, I got a question for everyone to answer, should I release it without the seo mod? (and let people install it later) or should I hope that they update their packages quickly? I really want to get it out for people to download asap.

What do you think?

Daniel

I like to see it with SEO......

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score

What do you think?

Daniel

SEO MOD is not so important. my suggestion is to release your work without it.