IPB Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

djw1191

Reaction score
OK I have the forum set up but when ever I leave the forum and I come back I have to log in again even though I told it to remember me. Second when I try to login with the right pass and user name it goes to the screen where it says it will transfer me back to the front page and when it does I'm not always loged in! HELP ME!

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
The word is "bump". And you need Cookies enabled in your browser for it to remeber you.

djw1191

Reaction score
Yep I have cookies enabled still happens, still doesn't explain the part about me getting to the screen where it says something about me being transfer and not loging me in even when it says I'm loged in!

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
Hm, ok.

I'm not the best with IPB, but have you looked for settings regarding the cookie's properties?

Make sure the cookie is set to site.x10hosting.com (replacing site with your subdom). And if you use uni.cc (or similar) set the cooke to work with that subdom.

djw1191

Reaction score
yep I have looked at that, could it be a problem with the instailing part?

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
I have a feeling its related to the subdomain + cookie; I have no problem with IPB on IVF's servers. Gimme a few and i'll give IPB a spin and see if I can come up with anything.

djw1191

Reaction score
by the way if it helps it is not x10's sub domain it is my domain.

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
There are settings for the cookies, in the admin panel:
System Settings > Cookies
Cookie Domain: .safa.x10hosting.com
Cookie Prefix:
Cookie Path: ipb

These are the settings for my test install, change to mactch your domain. I am having no problems with ipb, in IE or FF. It did it once, on the freash install with IE, but since then it hasnt done it; even after clearing cache.

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
Dont erase your current board just yet... Try it under another sub directory (eh /ipb) and see if it still has problems.

Before deleting try setting your cookie's domain to your domain with a . infront of it (eg .mydomain.com) and see if it does anything. Also make sure the IPB directory is is correct. See my example, and access my test board at http://safa.x10hosting.com/ipb

PS: Im pretty sure you're aware, but make sure you backup your databases before removing IPB!

Su2000

Reaction score
If you haven't removed your IPB yet, then there might be a way to help get your login complete without reinstalling. Try using a browser other then IE to login. If it shows that you logged in, then try the same thing to IE. This problem happened to me, but my method helped on it. Don't know if it helps.

EDIT: The method worked for a while. There has to be a problem in IPB, but I don't know what.

djw1191

Reaction score
Firefox user anyway, I did a clean install fixed the login problem but not the staying loged on thing but I will live

phenetic

Reaction score
^^^check permissions on the user groups for avatars, and make sure uploads is chmodded 777, and i think you need to chmod /html/avatars/ to 777

Status
Not open for further replies.