Ipb license

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeQ222

Reaction score
Hi,i have a Invision power with a license key original.I pay for it and i don:t know that i"m allowed to host it on x10hosting.

At some of free hosting they take my website down because they don"t allowed ipb and vBulletin.

And another question:

When i will have for example 10.000 of visitator on my website i hope that will work good no?Beacuse i have seen a lot of host that on more than 10.0000 visitator i can"t acces that website.THANK you and i have waiting for an answer.

northe5

Banned
Reaction score
if you can PROVE that you have a legit key. I used to ask customers (when i worked at other web hosts) for the email that they registered the key with or some other details when i contacted the software customer service to see if it matched or not before taking down the site.

If you have a legit key then i shouldnt worry at all but if it's a nulled software etc then do :p

and i dont know the policy on visitors to your forum/website, but i'm sure someone else will tell you

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
While there is no limit to the number of visitors you can have on a site, you need to keep in mind that software like IPB needs to read from and write to a database, that it has to compute the pages that are sent to the user, and all of that takes processor time. If your traffic is such that you exceed the resource limits, your users will see a temporary "Resource Limit Hit" error page (which should reset hourly). Note that chats, shoutboxes, and other near-real-time updates will probably trigger the high resource limit shutdown regularly, even with low usage; and that some types of add-ins can trigger the HRU shutdown all by themselves even if nobody is using the site (via crons).

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Note that owning a key but uploading a "nulled" version is STILL illegal, even if you own the key. You need to upload the version of IPB that you downloaded from Invision Power Service's website, and make sure that you enter your license key in the install step.

DeeQ222

Reaction score
I have the ipb+license key bought form invisionpower.com. A have to proof that to someone or what?I wan"t to install ipb with my license key right now i did"n know what to do.
Thanks for answer.I waiting for anothers.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Providing it's legit and you have the license key I believe you can just go ahead and upload and register it as you would normally; x10Hosting's scanners can detect the difference between licensed and unlicensed software so you should be OK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.