Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Thread Moved to Computers & Technology

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've got an iPod Touch 2nd Gen but not an iPhone. My cell phone carrier is said to be getting the iPhone soon so I may be getting one if the cost comes down a bit.

davidjones333

Reaction score
iPhone is new but we’ve already seen plenty of developer activity, with a number of prototype web apps being built which are designed specifically to fit the iPhone’s screen, and utilize the device’s multi-touch interface. I’m calling these applications prototypes because most people have yet to get their hands on an iPhone, and only those developers who paid the entrance fee to WWDC have been privy to guidelines on what is and what isn’t possible.
-------------
davidjones

Promoters

Zangetsu

Reaction score
dont have one and im not going to get it you'll be better off buying a smart phone or a PDA

Alpinestar

Reaction score
two of my mates have the new one. They can't stop praising them. I will probably get one, when the price comes down.

xpodit

Reaction score
I would consider if I knew how to create the sim card to fit my carrier, I do not like AT&T at all. The iPod touch is nice though.

axesdenyd

Reaction score
Consider something when thinking about the iPhone.

A) It IS a smartphone/PDA. And being in that class of device, it has a stronger processor and video system then any of it's counterparts. No, it may not have all the features ALL the other phones do, but it offers advantages that the others don't. Like firmware, and OS update capabilities.

B) It's MORE then just a smart phone, or a PDA. It's a mobile/handheld version of Mac OS X, running on a high-speed ARM processor. Making it not only the most powerful PDA/Smart phone on the market, but thrusting it into a newer category of hand held computers.

The iPhone/iPod Touch isn't just a neat new piece of technology that's going to go the way of the 78 LPs... RIM (Research In Motion, the makers of the Blackberry) have had 1.5 yrs to come up with a competent competitor, and they came out with the Storm. Still falling short of the mark that Apple set.

For a long time, Apple Computers has set the standard for the computing industry, and they did it again with the iPhone. It really is a piece of beauty to behold. I highly suggest you go to an Apple store, and try one for yourself, if you can.

JDLLyons

Reaction score
ANYONE who does not like the iPhone obviously cannot afford one. I have an iPhone and I value it more then human life. It is a great phone. It can do no wrong.

xpodit

Reaction score
Being able to afford something or not does not tell the value one holds in something of material. I have an iPod, and enjoy it, but would rather stuff my foot in my mouth than buy an iPhone, but I can afford them. If iPhone wasn't secluded to a handful of carriers, then I would consider getting one. And I would rather not deal with sim card writers service tokens and all that jazz.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Being able to afford something or not does not tell the value one holds in something of material. I have an iPod, and enjoy it, but would rather stuff my foot in my mouth than buy an iPhone, but I can afford them. If iPhone wasn't secluded to a handful of carriers, then I would consider getting one. And I would rather not deal with sim card writers service tokens and all that jazz.

I totally agree with you. I know you can unlock iPhones and whatnot but that's more of a hassle than I want. Once they start working on my cell provider then maybe I'd want one.