iPod Classic vs iPod Touch

xPlozion

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. I've had my 5g for several years now, and it's about time to retire it, due to the battery life and now the audio jack. My brother is gonna get my old iPod since it's 30gb, but now I'm torn between the 16 GB iPod Touch or the 120GB iPod Classic.

I've got about 3000 songs, but there's a lot that I don't listen to, as well as a few videos and the same thing, I don't watch many.

I like the idea of the cover flow, but I'm also interested in the wifi and other features of the itouch.

So, what I'm asking is what do you think i should get?

Jordan C

Reaction score
I think you should go for the touch, sure, its smaller, but you don't need all that space. I think its worth it for all the cool features, downloadable app's, WiFi, the fact that it is just a really cool device to show off to your friends.

Agenator

Reaction score
Yeah, definietly go with the ipod touch. Trust me, I've used the features and downloadable apps almost more than the music player... Also its nice because it has no moveable parts on the drive (thanks to flash memory) so its less likely to go crazy if its dropped a couple of times. Also the built in speaker is really cool because you can set alarms and stuff without an iHome or any other external speaker set up and still hear it go off. Sure its less space, but the bigger screen allows you to enjoy the videos more, the drive is more reliable, and with the limitless possibilites of the app store (and the up and coming 2nd gen hack) the possibilities become limitless. Trust me, you wont regret the touch...

btw, If you do buy it, youll probably want the zagg shield (just do a quick google search).

neverlate2day

Reaction score
U see i have both
An 80gb classic and 8gb Ipod Touch
I bought one and the classic in a quiz
As I am not much of a music affectionado i can say that i find the classic pretty worthless
But I lent both to my sister for a month, She used both
I'll give comparison of both

Classic:
-Battery Life
-Storage

Ipod Touch
-Flaunt Value
-App Store
-Better Display
-Wifi

If storage& battery life is not a concern for you then Ipod touch wins hands down
Mu Verdict:
Buy an Ipod Touch

If you this helpful please add to my reputation
Edit:
PS: Coverflow is there on the Classic too

Last edited:

kcchan

Prime Account
Reaction score
I also own both (120GB Classic and 8GB Touch), and I gotta say that I like having both of them at the same time. Sure the touch has a lot of nifty games and features, but it fails as a music device because so many of my apps and videos take up a lot of the storage space. The battery life is also atrocious if you have the wifi on. Most of my music are in the lossless format so an album takes a couple hundred MBs. I much prefer the classic when listening to music since I can control it without looking at the screen. That said, if you must go with one I'd probably get the touch unless you're a music junky like me.

dbojan

Reaction score
Ipod touch definitely, for music you don't need more than 10GB. You probably have about 100 song you listen frequently. If you buy ipod touch you will have enough storage for your music and also some cool features.

eboyer

Reaction score
I would go with the touch because then you have your music which can fit up to 32gb if you have extra money from the 16......plus the touch you have Wi-Fi and you can get games utilities and a lot of other fun things that the normal ipod does not have

hermitobserver

Reaction score
Get the iPod touch. It'll hold your songs and you get to show it off. Or better yet, get both, and hold the songs you actually listen to on the Touch