IRC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackkatz974

Reaction score
Hello, I just had a question before I did this just to make sure I'm able to do this or not. I would like to use this plugin for my MyBB forums. It would be my IRC located at elsewhere, but I know there is some chat rules in the ToS. So, would I be able to use such a thing or is it not allowed? :confused:
Thanks in advance. :cool:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The chat rules in the TOS were actually removed earlier this year, but even had they been present you'd be okay - that plugin uses pjIRC which is basically a java applet that does the actual IRC client (thus putting the load on the client, since all x10 does is serve them the file), and the IRC itself as you said was hosted elsewhere, which is perfectly fine.

Too Long/Didn't Read: you're fine. :)

jackkatz974

Reaction score
The chat rules in the TOS were actually removed earlier this year, but even had they been present you'd be okay - that plugin uses pjIRC which is basically a java applet that does the actual IRC client (thus putting the load on the client, since all x10 does is serve them the file), and the IRC itself as you said was hosted elsewhere, which is perfectly fine.

Too Long/Didn't Read: you're fine. :)
Thanks, just wanted to make sure. :redface:
This is the second time you have helped me in the last few days. Rep for you my good man! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.