Ironic twist of fate o.O

Origin

Reaction score
It is kinda ironic I'm posting this, but Firefox doesn't work properly on my computer. Every couple clicks, the laptop's screen goes completely blank, and the CPU dies. It only happens when I use Firefox... It never happened in Opera or IE.

I have to press the power button for 4 seconds for the computer to manually shut down, and press it again for it to re-start. It's quite annoying when it happens, and I'm pretty sure it's because my laptop (Compaq Presario 1711-CL) is bad, because I've never seen it happen on other computers.

Otherwise, Firefox is quite fast at loading pages. It just dies too often.

Anyone else have this problem? And if so, do you know how to fix it?

P.S. I know it's ironic that Firefox, supposedly more stable than IE and Opera, dies so often... Must be something in Firefox that's only available in more "modern" processors. I have an old mobile PIII processor... may be why.

P.S.S. The same thing happens in Photoshop, too. That's why I never open it. I just use Imageready.

Thanks

Chris

Reaction score
It's definitely not because of your old computer.

I have it on my server, which is built from OLD parts. It's like an Intel Pentium II running at 300MHz.

Other than that, I really don't know what the problem would be... Like Auvee said, try looking at other minimum requirements.

Origin

Reaction score
Mine exceeds all minimum requirements... I have a 1 GHz PIII

n4tec

Reaction score
Auvee said:
Maybe your computer doesn't meet the requirements of the software? Might want to look into that. I've never had this problem before.

-Auvee B.

hi Auvee!!!

What are the requiremnts of Firefox?

nforchange

Conquester777

Reaction score
so just use IE cause it's better ;)

(loads faster, and loads the pages faster for me...)

Origin

Reaction score
But I want tabbed browsing >< And all the other kewl features Firefox has

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Conquester777 said:
so just use IE cause it's better ;)

(loads faster, and loads the pages faster for me...)
whoa, ur crazy lol jk but idk how internet explorer is better? Firefox is soo fast for me!

Origin

Reaction score
Yah, I'm definately switching back to IE when 7.0's out!

Richard

Reaction score
And the penguin army marches on!
Origin said:
The same thing happens in Photoshop, too. That's why I never open it. I just use Imageready
You said that it happens with photoshop which means that the problem is NOT Firefox.

So...... this takes Firefox out of the equation (Firefox -> Windows -> Hardware)
So it’s either Windows or the Laptop. I’m guessing a file in windows been changed and that’s why it keeps bombing out.

Conquester777

Reaction score
maybe you have some corrupted files, drivers, orsomething or other.

when did this start happening? if it wasn't too long ago you could try system restore if you havent installed anything since then.