Important IS DNSSEC available?

cw9009x1

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Domain Name through Google Domains but had to turn off DNSSEC because I am using x10 name servers instead of Google's name servers. Does x10hosting support DNSSEC? I didn't see it as an options under DNS Management in Direct Admin. Thanks.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I will need to follow up. I found some articles about it, but I don't think x10 can use this for free domains because it looks like you have to own the domain as a user.

cw9009x1

Reaction score
Thank you for looking into this. I do own the domain that I am using for the site, not a free one through x10, but I am using a free account. I know direct admin does support it assuming it's enable on the servers. I haven't seen anything in the forums that says that it is, at least not yet. Might be something they do in the future.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like DNSSEC is a feature for admins only at the moment, and is a limitation of DirectAdmin. I can't find anything saying that there is user level access. This appears to be the newest documentation available, and it says this must be done by admins:

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=651

I don't think x10 would be able to offer this at this time because it's not offered by DirectAdmin

cjptomas80

Reaction score
I enable mine thru Cloudflare DNS since I am using it on x10hosting (not using the free subdomain).

Or turn back into Google Domains DNS and use it name server then copy your x10hosting DNS setting to it. just like cloudflare. ( I don't know if it works)

Last edited: