is GTA IV better than san andreas

cityeyes

Reaction score
The graphics are much better, but I don't like it as much overall.

The story is better and it's more realistic, but that's sort of a flaw. You don't have any really wild and awesome missions (like using a dirtbike to get into the back of a cargo plane and skydiving out of it like in SA).

You also have MUCH less replay value. Once you're done, you're pretty much done. The hidden packages (pigeons - 200 of them) don't give you anything incrementally and when you finally get all of them you get a helicopter that you can get even without completing the missions. Side missions are ok, but nowhere near as extensive.

Car physics are much better, but some people find it annoying.

I'd say pick it up since overall it's still a great game, but I hope the next game is more like SA was.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
It's miles better, improved graphics and better game play. The in-game characters are more realistic too, with finer detail and much more natural movements. I can't wait until it comes out on PC (in a couple of months with any luck).

-Luke.

JuniorD

Reaction score
well, there aren't any tanks or any of that this time, so im disappointed. yet the graphics are AMAZING.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
It's improved a lot in realism, but that's not always a good thing. I've heard GTA IV called "Grand Theft Normal Boring Life".

jenya

Reaction score
San Andreas all the way, better gameplay, more vehicles and more fun

Sohail

Reaction score
I think it's way better - much more interesting story than any other GTA game i've played, the graphics are much better and nothing beats HD though it's got the an even higher playing rate than ever because of use of drugs and sexual scenes which prevents a lot of people from playing it. It even got banned in my country because of that, i had to purchase it online.

Alpinestar

Reaction score
I also prefer GTA IV. There are quite a few tweaks. Most of them are hidden etc....However its no at big as SA

Clinton

Reaction score
A lot of improved mechanics but I still kinda like SA a bit more than GTA IV

maxyes

Reaction score
I love the cars now, its so more realistic. In san andreas your cars used to blow up instantly, now they can set fire to diffrent parts and blow up in the time it would do irl. OMG the phisics of your character are so much better. Its not just the same animation when you get hit by a car its a ragdoll getting chucked around. Overall GTA IV is greater but i wish the planes where flyable :p.