Is it because my term of service is too harsh, confusing, do I lack of categories?

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
Have a few questions to ask everyone. First I have tried improving my website by making it more user friendly, but I just cannot understand why no one is signing up or logging in? Is it because my term of service is too harsh, confusing, do I lack of categories?

My website's URL is http://afn.me

Last edited:

silverbird775

Reaction score
Re: Is it because my term of service is too harsh, confusing, do I lack of categories

I think you should just do things and try not to sell an empty shell. To make people to return, to earn their respect that is the way to success. Ultimately you need the feedback from the visitors to understand what they need and what they are looking for. I do not have much of traffic too, even very rare sign ups. But my visitors has found what they looked for. They telling me about this themself, it's very important. And they return. So who cares they did not made a forum sign up? It's okay thing.

Well, i did the custom software and giving it away for free. That's all, only the single program and nothing more. The devotion and guest honoring policy turned out in interesting developments and cooperation with another custom software developer. It took four years to develop the software, to deal with a bug reports and now I have my loyal users worldwide and do not really want more attention then i can really handle. I do not need my users to log in or sign up but i need loyal friendly people who appreciate my work and that is reasonable enough to me to continue my hobby work.

Mine term of service is x10 compatible too and strong and kid browsing safe but it does not bother anyone because you cannot really have much problem with loyal friendly people, you see. It's more about us to follow our own TOS :).

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Is it because my term of service is too harsh, confusing, do I lack of categories

Hmm.. ok I like the idea of site using user generated content to provide listings of products or services that you can get for free both online and in the real world at a local level, the 'Freetard' movement has a growing following and is worth exploring as a niche market.

On the flipside freetards tend to be computer & Internet savvy (maybe even a little paranoid) and probably don't see why they should give you their email address because of privacy concerns. Maybe adding a login using Facebook or Google ID may persuade some because it requires no effort on their part.. users being typically lazy and would rather click a button than type

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score

I am wondering if you can explain what you mean by
free both online and in the real world at a local level[/I]
and also
the 'Freetard' movement has a growing following and is worth exploring as a niche market.[/I]