Is my site agreeable with the terms..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiradeepg41

Reaction score
As stated in the hosting rules..... the site should not be be used as a file storage.......

download section of my site:
http://ape0913.x10.mx/download.htm

This is a portal site which is meant to give access to lecture notes, lecture slides, notices, tutorial sheets and documents for educational purpose. The site is meant for the students of my class so that they can have access to these important study materials easily.

Its somewhat like a moodle site but its not a heavy site and can easily be opened on a slow internet connection.

For functioning of the site the study materials (which are not copyrighted materials and can be freely distributed among student community) would be uploaded.

So early thing.... am i violating any rules ?? Its not being used as a file storage as they links are posted on the download section for the students to download....

Please help me....
Please tell if i am violating rules.... i am totally new at this site and till now I find it quite awesome... the cpanel, ftp transfers work smooth and i hope i can continue with my site :)

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
So far it should be fine; the File Hosting ones generally mean "Files that have absolutely nothing to do with the website in question."

If you're running a portal site for your students and all that you put on there file-wise is, as you mentioned, lecture notes/slides, notices, tutorial sheets, documents, and other class-related stuff, you'll be fine cause that all has to do with the actual website.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Essentially, either trying to create your own RapidShare / Megaupload site, or just hosting files/music/videos with no website at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.