Is SSH enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if SSH is enabled...
I need this because of a minor problem with files that i've describe in an other thread, if is no enabled or if there's an admin that try to resolve my problem, please post here.
Gonzalo.
Edited:

I found the previous thread:

http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=17127

PS: Sorry if my english sucks...

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
cetutnx1 said:
Hi, i was wondering if SSH is enabled...
I need this because of a minor problem with files that i've describe in an other thread, if is no enabled or if there's an admin that try to resolve my problem, please post here.
Gonzalo.
PS: Sorry if my english sucks...
No its not we are free hosting...

omnirom

Reaction score
Why would you need to use SSH? If you want to change some files on your account, pm an admin.

Ok, I read your thread about the files not appearing after ftp. Try using a different ftp client or changing permisisions of the files so that you can edit/rename them. Also try uploading into the public_html directory instead of root.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
omnirom said:
Why would you need to use SSH? If you want to change some files on your account, pm an admin.

Ok, I read your thread about the files not appearing after ftp. Try using a different ftp client or changing permisisions of the files so that you can edit/rename them. Also try uploading into the public_html directory instead of root.

Also using SSH make syou ssound like a hacckker

kryptonyte

Reaction score
It is alot easier if you have a large script like Gallery to simply use wget in SSH instead of having to slowly upload it. Basically wget would allow you to download the file directly to the server from the scripts site therefore saving you valuable upload time. Also allows you to upload files as zips and rars and extract them after uploading. Helps to avoid file corruption by running md5 hashes on the file before and after uploading.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
blong4life said:
No its not we are free hosting...
As he stated, No SSH Is not enabled for any free hosting accounts. Notify an admin or me if you need help with your files.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
Well i think that you'r missing the point, i already try with this in all the posible way that i can imagine but nothing works... like i sayd before this problem is like crazy...
In Cpanel File Manager there are 2 duplicated files (same name)
In ftp client (i can't delete the files)
If anyone have any other idea i will tryit but i think i've tryit all
Thanks anyway for answering.
Gonzalo.

Edited:
Sorry for not answer earlier.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Please PM me. I will setup a time with you where you can have access for 1 hr.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.