Is the free host good enough to host a MYBB forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

betauniv

Reaction score
So, a while ago or something IDK I got a MYBB forum idea and I have only had past experience setting it up and putting the files in and some basic stuff. But will x10hosting be good enough for a basic forum and IDK how many members I will get but if it succeeds or I wanna move to a paid host I can move to it but idk. So should I keep my MYBB forum here on the free plan?

site: betauniverse.cf

aquariu3

Reaction score
Ive used X10 free hosting for a lot of years, for all sorts of software, mybb is not my favorite by the way, :)
But to answer your question. There are no better free forum hosts on the air, only worse, with less to offer than X10.

What you get with X10 is a professional cPanel, plenty of web space, and a server that just works period.

The only draw back i see to free hosting is the site name you get is a sub-domain so the SEO is not as good as a TLD, but you can park or add on your own domain using the cPanel, still honestly not sure if that works as good a TLD on a normal host, but im sure some of the staff here can answer that one better than I.

You can also upgrade to their paid plan, which in my mind could only be better in a lot of ways, based on what i said above, but for someone just starting out, i really cant imagine how you could ever do better than X10.

Unless you could find a regular hosting company to give you all this for free. Not Likely :)

Status
Not open for further replies.