Is there a 'MySQL Connector/J' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max1212

Reaction score
Hey all! :wavey:
Dose x10 have a 'MySQL Connector/J' ?

I'v been playing about with x10 for over a week now and it's a lot of fun!
I don't have a working website to show off yet as I am spending my time trying PHP and other languages for the first time.

Right now I'm trying to get a Java applet to talk with a MySQL database and it's been a bit hard geting it going.
I have a PHP file reading and writing to the database so it looks like MySQL is doing just fine but I can't get the Java applet to do the same.

It could be that the Java code I'm using is no good or it could be that the x10 server is not set up with the driver needed for Java applets ('MySQL Connector/J'), I don't know which and this is why I am now here on the help forum :biggrin:

so... little help?

Do any of you have a Java applet working on a x10 server which is calling to a MySQL database successfully?

Here is the Java code I have been trying to use...
-----------------------------------
//Finding the Driver...
Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();

//Connecting to the Database...
connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/max1212_JunkDB?user=max1212_auser&password=******");
-----------------------------------

Thanks for your time Max.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
If you're talking about using .java files to run applets on your hosting account, I'm pretty sure that feature isn't enabled.

To answer your question, no, I don't have a Java applet working on an x10 server which is calling to a MySQL database successfully.

Otherwise, this is far beyond my knowledge of Java. lol

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You cannot connect to your x10 mySQL database remotely by any method. That feature has been disabled.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You cannot connect to your x10 mySQL database remotely by any method. That feature has been disabled.

It might work if the Applet is within a page on the server. I'm not really sure. I'm just throwing that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.