Is There an ETA for Email Fix Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastridingmilitia

Reaction score
I understand that the email server is down, but was wondering if there is any idea on when it may be reinstated? Service notice says there is no ETA, but that is nearly a week old.
Yours Hopefully
Steve

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have an ETA either, but I'm rather sure it will not be reinstated until after all migration is done, which should be around mid next week.

katotr

Reaction score
Will all emails sent to the server be saved and re-appear once the server is up again or will they be lost for ever?

Katotr

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The mail server may be bouncing up and down a bit, depending on load on the server, which means that e-mail sent when it is answering should be there once migrations are done. However if it is not responding the sender would get a bounce message.

If the server is not online to accept mail the sending mail server should retry again, some retry for 24 hours but most retry for up to 72 hours before calling a message completely undeliverable.

Last edited:

katotr

Reaction score
thank you for your reply. I normally get my mail forwarded and I haven't received any of the forwarded mail. Is that function still working?

Status
Not open for further replies.