Is there any way I can get a free hosting plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achatina

Reaction score
Let me start from the beginning.

I've got a forum, but my host didn't support SMTP. So my members never received activation emails. That was a reason for me to switch host. So I found something, but their service was so poor, that I immediately (within about 20 hours) removed all my files there.
Then I remembered this host, since I've registered here once a while ago. But when I tried to register again, I got the message that hosting isn't any longer available in my country because of abuse.
I promised my members that the website would only be down this weekend. Is there a way that I still can register, even though it's blocked?
I really need a good, free host right now, otherwise I might lose my members.

Regards,
Achatina

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately at this time, there's no way to bypass the country block. The best I can advise would be to check back later to see if the country has been unblocked, but that doesn't help for the immediate future.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Achatina,

There is no way around the country block, but please note this block is only in place for the free hosting, not x10Premium.

For clarification, the country block is in place due to the results from a statistical analysis carried out from suspensions and forced terminations as a result of ToS breaches and copyright claims. This established that the countries blocked yielded a statistically significant proportion of such issues.

Last edited:

Achatina

Reaction score
I understand why it's blocked. Some people just don't want to live by the rules. And probably because our country has very free internet rules (downloading movies and stuff for free is not illegal here), they didn't know that it's not allowed through this hosting. Most people don't read the ToS.

I cannot afford premium hosting until my website makes enough money through ads and donations. That's why I really need a free host now.
I was hoping that x10hosting would make an exception for me, but I guess that's not possible. Too bad, I guess I have to find a new host.

Thanks for your answers,
Achatina.

Status
Not open for further replies.