Is this a legit. x10hosting e-mail or spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurfle

Reaction score
I just got the e-mail below ("To:" field blanked to avoid further spamming from here) and was wondering if it is genuine (I have found no other reference to the subdomain change in the forum or the link http://x10hosting.com/portal/?support supplied):

Reply To: accounts-noreply@x10hosting.com
To:
Subject: [#25810]: Important information regarding your x10Hosting account.
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 03:37:13 +0000
[FONT=Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]We've updated your recent support ticket.

Department: Free General Support
Priority: Normal

Hello,

Your web hosting account is currently using a free subdomain under our domain name x10hosting.com. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we are no longer able to provide a subdomain under the x10hosting.com domain past October 1, 2012.

We have opened this ticket with you to work with you on choosing a new primary subdomain for your web hosting account. We have the following additional domain names available for you to use with a subdomain at this time:

x10.bz
x10.mx
x10host.com
elementfx.com
pcriot.com

Please let us know a new subdomain of your choosing under one of the above domain names before August 23, 2012 that you'd like to use with your x10Hosting free web hosting account

If we do not receive a response from you before October 1, 2012 we will automatically choose an available subdomain matching your current primary subdomain under one of the above available domains.

Regards,
The x10Hosting Team

Please access the Account Portal to respond to this ticket. Email responses will not be received.
http://x10hosting.com/portal/?support

[/FONT]

xfsgpr76

Reaction score
If it is real then why haven't I received one? I need to know before I start to build my site using WordPress or joomla and pointing my domain to that account.

Thanks.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
If it is real then why haven't I received one? I need to know before I start to build my site using WordPress or joomla and pointing my domain to that account.

Thanks.

Why do you think you would get one?

piratemouse

Reaction score

Thanks.

I am with descalzo. Did you read what the e-mail stated? You are wanting to point a domain to your site. ( As you stated ) which then would mean you own a domain name and are not currently using a x10hosting.com sub-domain ( which, according to that e-mail, is one that is specifically using a name with .x10hosting.com in it ... if your domain / sub-domain is not using x10hosting.com - you have no need to receive said e-mail.

gurfle

Reaction score
But instructions are very confusing:

Please let us know a new subdomain of your choosing under one of the above domain names before August 23, 2012 that you'd like to use with your x10Hosting free web hosting account

If we do not receive a response from you before October 1, 2012 we will automatically choose an available subdomain matching your current primary subdomain under one of the above available domains.

This was sent on Sept 25th, wants to hear from me by August 23rd and then states that if nothing is received before Oct 1 the choice will be made for me.

In addition, there is no place to go that offers any clues as to what I actually NEED to do: The offered link http://x10hosting.com/portal/?support has nothing whatsoever on the issue (at least not at all clearly visible, and there is no e-mail address for me to respond to.

PLEASE help tell me what to do? I am very confused and it appears there are only 5 more days until the switch is going to happen.

My preference is to switch to "x10host.com", but I have no idea how to get that information forwarded to the appropriate person/place.

Thanks, Nick

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I've submitted the change to the domain queue system; I'll locate your swap ticket in the system and update it so it doesn't get changed twice.

Edit: I should note that it'll change when the system gets to the queued action; continue using the x10hosting.com domain until it changes, which should be soon.

Last edited:

walidno1

Reaction score
ANY UPDATE ON MY QUESTION?! I wouldn't mind if you said you would lose all your traffic......be a little upset but wouldn't mind ;)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your old x10hosting.com subdomain will cease to work; links will be redirected to hosting.x10hosting.com. The action is being taken to divorce the x10hosting.com domain from any abusive activity by its users/members so that the corporate domain can stay off of blacklists and blocklists, allowing the company to provide and consume services (ads, links, emails, etc.) reliably. If the old user subdomains still worked, there would still be "guilt by association" attached to the main (corporate) domain.

walidno1

Reaction score
yea I sorta figured the reason behind this...... and as I said, no hard feelings really..... Pity the traffic would be lost tho :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.