Is this allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

famc

Reaction score
Yes, I am sorry for the dumb title :(
But anyway, I would like to know if this was allowed.

Yes I fully read the whole terms.
That it described no storing of mp3 files you do not own.

Except is it okay if I can put it my own mp3 file I made and own?

Example, I make a song, and I want to put it on my website as something that will play as background webpage music. And I am the only person with the song I made. I'm the only one that owns it. Then is that okay? If not, its fine since I know how bandwith intense remote music file playbacks are :p

- faMC (aka: FA Minecraft)

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you own it or not as long as you are legally permitted or licensed to use it.

As an example, if you are the sole author and haven't entered in to any contracts whereby you are signing your work over to someone else it should be ok.

Note that in addition, the policy here means that files uploaded must be to do with the site, i.e. a band homepage - sites just for sharing files (like rapidshare) aren't allowed, and I hear there is a 1GB cap in media files too.

famc

Reaction score
Yes it does have to do with the site, because I am adding it as background music which will act as my "anti-boredom" feature on the website. No I really doubt it will run a cron job, but for sure, JavaScript is needed.

famc

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you own it or not as long as you are legally permitted or licensed to use it.

As an example, if you are the sole author and haven't entered in to any contracts whereby you are signing your work over to someone else it should be ok.

Note that in addition, the policy here means that files uploaded must be to do with the site, i.e. a band homepage - sites just for sharing files (like rapidshare) aren't allowed, and I hear there is a 1GB cap in media files too.

PS: Um I will check if the song isn't over 20 MB, because I thought the 1 GB cap was only for like flash arcade games only.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The 1GB limit applies to music, video, image, flash, and other non-webfile galleries.

Status
Not open for further replies.