Is Upgrade of Servers are worth of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntsite

Reaction score
Hello X10hosting Community.

I appreciate all your help and support regards hosting our websites with no commercial interest. I've been using X10hosting since 2009, and now it's more than 2.5 years past since then. What I realized mostly - Almost all (if not all of them) problems on the servers are imposing after some works which is named as "Upgrade". I guess we all like the word "Upgrade", "Update" etc, but when it comes to downtimes, faults, errors we can hardly like it at all.

I understand that you try to improve the hosting quality and etc, but when it comes to "Quality" and "Improvement", I suppose some main things in hosting such as "Uptime", "Stability" seems to get behind of everything. So here is a question - What to do with the upgrades, updates if these things don't bring us stability, but vice versa - impose difficulties, some problems and many "tickets"? I don't criticize you at all, rather than want to attract attention to that, we - users, mostly want stability. We want our websites to be always accessible. If some users are greedy for more functions rather than stability and uptime, that's why "Beta testers" exist. Though we are not beta testers here, we always face this "surprises" cause engineers pushes us to use "more functions" with the cost of 1 month of service cutdown; while we want to be hosted with some important functionalities and no hassles.

As a market researcher, I know that you just can't satisfy everybody always. But still you can do for the most part of your users. If you consider this post and include our wishes into Mission and Vision of the X10hosting hosting, then I believe tons users who are now asking for "help", urging for "support", will fill the forum with the "Thankful" posts for the highest quality in free hosting. After then "Beta users" community will be born, who are urging for new things, and maybe even to be volunteers - with whom all news things will be tested... We will be happy for stable service, they will be happy with testing beta functions, and you will be honored with satisfaction of the users, which I believe, is the part of the mission of all companies, even if it's not mentioned directly.

Regards, N.T.

Last edited:

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
Nice article. If you're not happy with the service, your best bet would be to upgrade your package to Illuminated. Prime membership is cheaper, however you're on the standard free hosting servers, where as with Illuminated, you're on a different cluster from the standard shared free servers.

If that still isn't as good, there is always x10Premium. x10 will perform a free migration from x10Hosting to Premium, so that's a good option.

ntsite

Reaction score
Nice article. If you're not happy with the service, your best bet would be to upgrade your package to Illuminated. Prime membership is cheaper, however you're on the standard free hosting servers, where as with Illuminated, you're on a different cluster from the standard shared free servers.

It's nice recommendation man. Though I didn't ask for recommendation, cause I already know this. All I said is - it would be very appreciated if it would be contemplated in future. And by the way, you came to x10hosting just 1 month ago, but I am here for more than 2,5 years. How well you may know whether I like x10hosting or not? )

As the regards for the Illuminated here is another post:

I have not had the same luck as you..... I PAYED for Illuminated and since 14/ABR I'm having troubles until today:
I'm still on free servers.......

I ask to give up this plan and get my money back, but x10hosting said me:
"All of our paid plans are strictly no-refunds"

Thank you for attention.

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
It's nice recommendation man. Though I didn't ask for recommendation, cause I already know this. All I said is - it would be very appreciated if it would be contemplated in future. And by the way, you came to x10hosting just 1 month ago, but I am here for more than 2,5 years. How well you may know whether I like x10hosting or not? )

As the regards for the Illuminated here is another post:

Thank you for attention.

Wrong. I've had a premium account with x10 for quite some time and I've got the highest VPS package with them as well. I joined the forum last month, long serving customer with x10 though. Nonetheless, I know the free service can't be compared with Premium & VPS.

ntsite

Reaction score
Wrong. I've had a premium account with x10 for quite some time and I've got the highest VPS package with them as well. I joined the forum last month, long serving customer with x10 though. Nonetheless, I know the free service can't be compared with Premium & VPS.

OK, I don't discuss Premium services. I'm not in Premium hosting of X10, so have no clue what's going there. And sure there is much less hassle(I have experience in paid hosting). But for paid solutions there are also many other options. It's easier to host paid users rather than free one. And on free hosting, X10 takes big responsibility and does great job on this.

I believe that after making payment you are ported to Illuminated, but it's not only case when some users demand for support because some problems after porting. In fact it's not serious issue if they are resolved in fast way. What we talk about is, are those upgrades worth of it in cost of 2 day outages and downtimes? I don't want to list the problems which I faced. The problems we had, they were in the past. And I look forward...

lacems

Banned
Reaction score
It seems that the response from X10hosting here, is to purchase a plan after 2.5 years of FREE service. I have also utilized the free service on X10 for about 2 years. This is the longest time my site has been down - for over one month now and one response to a ticket that remains open for over two weeks.

http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-h...u-still-under-maintenance.html?highlight=boru

http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-h...boru-maintenance-complete.html?highlight=boru

http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/179292-whats-going-boru.html?highlight=boru

http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-h...g-down-blocked-my-college.html?highlight=boru

Status
Not open for further replies.