Is x10 .htaccess Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamessmith

Reaction score
I created a .htaccess file, and it was instantly hidden / disappeared.
I'm trying to Ultimate SEO URL Rewrite my phpbb3 installation.

.htaccess seems to be either hidden or not supported on my free hosting account.
Is this apart of x10 free-host limitations, or is it an error, etc?

Thank you,
James
Edit:
Looks like it's just CPanel.
Visible on FTP.

Thanks anyway,
FTP is easier, besides.

Last edited:

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I'm guessing it didn't upload/save correctly. I use an .htaccess file to enforce my index file and to redirect from non-www to www and it works beautifully, and I can see the file from within File Manager and FTP. Try looking for the file using the opposite method (ie - if you used FTP to upload it, check with File Manager, or vice versa). If it's really not there, try uploading/creating it again.

zen-r

Reaction score
I suspect that you just viewed it within cPanel's File Manager, but when you opened the File Manager, you forgot to select the option to view hidden files. :)

jamessmith

Reaction score
I suspect that you just viewed it within cPanel's File Manager, but when you opened the File Manager, you forgot to select the option to view hidden files. :)

I didn't know there was one.
Usually CPanel comes without the option default, but I suppose it's good to prevent users who don't know what they're doing.
Not like it'd cause the server harm, just the site ;).

Thanks anyway.

zen-r

Reaction score
You should see the option to View Hidden Files the next time you re-open File Manager - provided you didn't last time also select the option to not be asked again!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You should see the option to View Hidden Files the next time you re-open File Manager - provided you didn't last time also select the option to not be asked again!

Addon: In case you -did- decide to click the option where it says "Remember these settings for next time," head to the bottom of cPanel and click "Reset all Interface Settings" to clear that setting so you can get the popup again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.