Issues with getting site to list on google

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigele

Reaction score
I am trying to get my site named craig.us.to (craig.elementfx.com) to appear on google.
I have tried using Google webmaster tools but it is having some problems:
vppJ8NA.png

Is this a problem with the subdomain? Or something else?
Any help would be much appreciated.

studio5

Reaction score
Google doesn't index those sites or co.cc and the like.
If you google .us.to you will notice that none of the links have an "us.to" extension; they don't spider free subdomains, if you need a cheap .com go to web.com they have hosting for .50 the first month and it includes a FREE .com, org or net! web.com owns register.com, the catch is that it is only .50 for the first month then it jumps! But the url is registered to you for 1 yr. and you can transfer it to another domain if you want.

bmccoy11

Reaction score
I'd recommend dot.tk or Freenom if you want a free gTLD. That way, Google will be able to crawl your site.

craigele

Reaction score
Thanks!
I think I'll use uk.to as there is a site which appears on google using that subdomain, if that does not work for me I will find something else.

studio5

Reaction score
OK, I was wrong, .tk is free (I just got statute.tk and statutes.tk) I redirected them to abqlegal.org and eventually I'll setup some subdomains on them like NM.stautes and TX.statutes etc., and upload all of the state statutes annotated, a big deal if you have ever tried to lookup a law for your state only to find they wont post annotations which are the key to finding the case law to work a legal case pro se.
I operate a legal aid clinic in Albuquerque that does NM legal cases for FREE, I am expanding our bar creds. for web based legal services to include all us states, ABA; and provide something like lexis-nexis without the price tag, citations or the support.
I think the best way to get spidered by google and bing is to add the .tk links into a sitemap.xml on my .org tld's. I googled .tk and the index was pretty weak, only 4 .tk's and then it went to .com's with discussion about tk extensions; Have you had any luck getting your .tk pages indexed with the search engines?

studio5

Reaction score
Try to point the dns at x10hosting, won't work! .tk, .ml, .ga .cf none will work. This is not an x10 problem it is a Freenom problem.

bmccoy11

Reaction score
I can't change Freenom's nameservers on my site to any of x10Hosting's, either. I'm using Cloudflare's nameservers now, since I parked my domain back when Freenom didn't block x10's nameservers.

Status
Not open for further replies.