It's a conspiracy I tell you!@#!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Alright, I am playing Guild Wars; the new craze MMO game, right?

So, seeing as I am getting pretty good at it, and already have two level 20s (one W/Mo and one M/Wo; the M/Wo is a 55hper, meaning he only takes max 5 damage from any mob), anyways I am farming a far amount of gold and am selling in-game gold by 200Ks for $11 each.

So I am on my eBay and PayPal account looking at the progress of my sales, etc... Starts getting a little slow. I log onto ebaumsworld and newgrounds to see if they have anything new going on there.

BOOM! The websites start to take forever to load. I tab back into Guild Wars and I am not getting any lag, so I line back down and decide... no matter how long it takes, I want to see if my web account has been created yet on x10. The site loads faster than I can blink...

Now my question is...? what are you doing to my computer? ;)

Last edited:
N

Nathan

civilr said:
Now my question is...? what are you doing to my computer? ;)

It could be multiple problems. Their servers getting hammered or have a limited connection. Their bandwith running low or other things like that.

Here's a few steps you can take:

Start > Run > type 'cmd' without quotes
Type 'ipconfig /release' and hit enter (without quotes)
Once that is done type 'ipconfig /renew' and hit enter (without quotes)
When that is finished type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and hit enter (without quotes)
Finally, restart.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
If im understanding you right you have guildwars on while browsing the net? I think if u have a game running it will slow your computer down. Like while your playing.

Jordan K

Reaction score
SEÑOR said:
If im understanding you right you have guildwars on while browsing the net? I think if u have a game running it will slow your computer down. Like while your playing.

I run Source, WoW, & WC3 at the same time, alt tabbing between them and browsing sites don't get slow.

Never got slow before when I did it with GW, and I just restarted my comp aswell (I usually restart once every 30 days).

Jordan K

Reaction score
Dewayne said:
It could be multiple problems. Their servers getting hammered or have a limited connection. Their bandwith running low or other things like that.

Here's a few steps you can take:

Start > Run > type 'cmd' without quotes
Type 'ipconfig /release' and hit enter (without quotes)
Once that is done type 'ipconfig /renew' and hit enter (without quotes)
When that is finished type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and hit enter (without quotes)
Finally, restart.

Alas, I forgot. Despite ignoring the humour and the sales pitch. ;) Thanks man, works and I didn't know you could release your current DNS through command prompt. A+ on the rating.

N

Nathan

Jordan K said:
Alas, I forgot. Despite ignoring the humour and the sales pitch. ;) Thanks man, works and I didn't know you could release your current DNS through command prompt. A+ on the rating.

Never a problem to help someone in need.

(Yes, I'm late replying.)

Jordan K

Reaction score
Well this post is solved. Closed to prevent opening in about 4 months. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.