Its six weeks now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Photoshop

Reaction score
I have been waiting for the site to come back up for the last 6 weeks, the site is http://anticlone.eu.

I have tired logging in to the cpanel, user panel, and even tried accessing the pages, but either I get 404 errors, or I am getting just "Link your account in to Ad-enhanced services"
This is starting to get the guys who are actually wanting this site, a little bit annoyed; and I keep coming back to see when the site is going to be available again.

My CPANEL name is rneedham

I was on the cossacks server, but with the changes I am unsure to where I am, because some posts have said to Absolut, others to other servers...

The guys are getting frustrated, and I am starting to think it may be easier for me to battle with a domain register and get their site changed on to a different server, however, I find that X10 is a bloody good server system compared to most others!

Any chance on letting me know when the site might be back?

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-a...al-update-mysql-issues-etc-48.html#post279924 is the latest post on a big long bunch of issues which Im sure you know about, the maintenance is still going. Corey seems to be working long and hard to get it all fixed.

Your site is unlikely to have changed to absolut unless you got it moved, so you're sitll on cossacks with me.

What does your account panel show? is everything ok in there?

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Currently x10 free hosting servers are under going a Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.).

If you can't login to any of your accounts other than your forum account,
Stoli and Cossacks are under extreme maintenance to clean up all inactive accounts and prepare them for the copy over. Once complete Apache and services will be brought back online until it is time to copy them.
This means that if you can login to your accounts, any changes made won't be carried across when the backups are copied over.
So from this we can conclude that any changes made by staff to accounts won't stay either.
There is no ETA for the whole process, but Corey will periodically update the Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.) thread as to when certain stages are completed.

For future reference :
For any events/situations/occasions such as this, information can be found in these threads.
News and Announcements & Server Alerts

All of us at x10hosting are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, but it will greatly befit us all.

If you have any complaints about this Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.), please read the Terms Of Service

Doc Photoshop

Reaction score
Your site is unlikely to have changed to absolut unless you got it moved, so you're sitll on cossacks with me.

What does your account panel show? is everything ok in there?

Account panel... Well that says... "In order to use the Ad-Enhanced hosting account management panel, you must have your forum account linked in to your hosting account".

So judging by this, the whole data on my account has been scrapped. Would I be assuming the correct here? Or am I just one of the poor people who are right at the back of the queue for re-initialisation?

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
We don't know where your account is right now.
What I suggest doing is waiting for the server maintenance to be done. If your account suddenly appears your good. If it doesn't then create a new support thread.

Doc Photoshop

Reaction score
I'll sit tight on it, for a while longer and keep checking back then.

I am not trying to sound like a moaning s**t, but I am getting if from the people who I am meant to be building the site for; and I keep telling them to come here and have a look, but in true fashion they think that everything should work all the time... AND PHP and SQL are some sort of hard drug that web designers take on their time off!!! (Internet... Time off... Surely an oxymoron!)

I appreciate all the hard work, and I do actually know how bloody difficult it is moving servers around. Someone in my company, last night decided to throw the switch on our new server, but... Forgot to tell anyone else in the company. Now I am looking at a couple of days of getting my own stuff sorted, re-initializing the e-mither system, website communications, news systems and god knows what else. (I am not looking forward to rebuilding all of the in house testing server, either...)

I believe that our professional (???) server technicians could learn a thing or two from Corey and the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.