JavaScrip for the absolute beginner?

neorescuer36

Reaction score
I am really an absolute beginner at coding. So far I have HTML and CSS down to a workable degree.

I learned both of these using great guides and practicing, and now I want to learn JavaScript.

Does anyone know of a really good tutorial that could teach my JavaScript from the beginning?

denzil

Reaction score
As a future reference, this belongs in programming help. By posting your requests in the appropriate forum you will most likely receive useful input much faster.

If you can get your hands on a book or e-book, try getting wrox, beginning javascript. that is what I used and it was very helpful. Otherwise try http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp for a very quick overview and guide.

And while you are at it in your learning spree, I'd also suggest some server side scripting such as php. It'll take a bit more effort to learn but it's worth it.

Last edited:

neorescuer36

Reaction score
Hah, thanks, I'll take a look at those.

I'll remember where to post next time.

Indeed, I've done a little copy-paste editing with PHP and had great results. I would love to learn it.

hrvat

Reaction score
One nice book to read :
Oreilly.JavaScript.Cookbook.Jul.2010.eBook-ELOHiM
Inside the book you will find everything about JavasScripting.
regards
8)

Last edited:

neorescuer36

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Visual QuickStart guide. Thank you for all the links! Once I get into JavaScript,I'm probably going after the Wrox book.

Thank you all!