Joomla 1.5.10, Security Images 5.1.1. Has anyone got this working

mlaclub

Reaction score
I have a Joomla 1.5 site and I have just upgraded it to 1.5.10. Today I tried to install Security Images to obtain a captcha for my registrations and contact forms.

After stuffing around trying to get it to work, I finally got it to register the patch for 1.5.10 and was able to turn the captcha on.

However when I went to access the page that the captcha is installed on I get this error message.

Warning: require_once(/home/user/public_html/components/com_user/controller.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/user/public_html/components/com_user/user.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/user/public_html/components/com_user/controller.php' (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/user/public_html/components/com_user/user.php on line 19

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a Joomla 1.5 site and I have just upgraded it to 1.5.10. Today I tried to install Security Images to obtain a captcha for my registrations and contact forms.

After stuffing around trying to get it to work, I finally got it to register the patch for 1.5.10 and was able to turn the captcha on.

However when I went to access the page that the captcha is installed on I get this error message.

Warning: require_once(/home/user/public_html/components/com_user/controller.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/user/public_html/components/com_user/user.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/user/public_html/components/com_user/controller.php' (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php1/pear') in /home/user/public_html/components/com_user/user.php on line 19

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

it sounds like to need to change some file permissions, but beyond that, I'm clueless.

Maybe you should try changing the require to include and see what you get. That might help track down the problem.

Last edited:

mlaclub

Reaction score
it sounds like to need to change some file permissions, but beyond that, I'm clueless.

Maybe you should try changing the require to include and see what you get. That might help track down the problem.

Thanks for the reply ichwar, I looked at the permissions earlier today as that is what I was thinking as well when I first saw this. However the permissions show up as being 755 which means.

Mode / User / Group / World
Read / X / X / X
Write / X / - / -
Execute / X / X / X
Permission / 7 / 5 / 5

So other then that I don’t know

Thanks

Chris

Last edited:

mlaclub

Reaction score
Well I see that no one has been able to assist me so I came to the assumption that the Security Images application is a crock of ****.

For those "interested" parties out there I have found an alternate using recaputa and two applications, Art Forms and Alpha Registration. These worked straight out of the box and no stuffing around.

Chris