Joomla 1.5 and Windows 7 causing errors on Xampp installation

africancrafts

Reaction score
Hi I have been trying to learn Joomla and have it installed on a 4Gb Flashdisk with XAMPP. XAMPP installs correctly as far as I know becuase it says so and I can reach the home page localfile.

When I install Joomla I get dire warnings and red lines from Windows 7 telling me go no further the certificate is no good. If I proceed it works but it's really annoying does anyone know a cure for this, as it's puting me off learning Joomla.

Cheers

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Its a random guess, but turn off ssl(i would guess theres a setting in joomla), or use another browser. It sounds like internet explorer is complaining about a self-signed cert.

africancrafts

Reaction score
Well I tried turning off SSL and certificate revokation in Tools, Advanced in Internet Explorer but it still won't load.

I cannot now even get the http://localhost/ to work

I'm using Explorer 8.00 and Windows 7 Ultimate and the latest XAMPP and Joomla 1.5 what am I doing wrong?

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
If you are running http://localhost on browser and browser is saying address not found then have a look at task manager's services tab if apache and mysql services are there, if they are then see if they are running or not if not then go to your xampp installation and run XAMPP_CLI.exe (or xampp control panel) and start apache and mysql services.
If you want to run it from pen drive then you can do a portable installation.So you can use it on any windows computer system.All you need to do is to start apache and mysql using xampp control panel each time you insert the drive.Whereas in local hard disk installation that needs to be done once.
I had no problems with xampp on windows7 (32 or 64bit).
If you are using joomla exe installer then try downloading latest one or you can install joomla manually using source code.

Last edited: