Joomla - 500 Server Error:CHMOD DOESN'T SOLVE PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sowmynarayan

Reaction score
[SOLVED] Joomla - 500 Server Error:CHMOD DOESN'T SOLVE PROBLEM

Hi
My site is at http://sowmynarayan.exofire.net and created using Joomla.It is at the cossacks server.Till 1 June everything in my site worked perfectly well.But now,only the site home page and the Joomla Admin panel works correctly.Every other link throws a 500 Internal Error!Please help me.
NOTE THAT I HAVE ALREADY SET MY PERMISSIONS TO 755 AS PER YOUR RECENT ANNOUNCEMENT.Despite that,only homepage shows correctly.other pages are not displaying :(

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I am not able to find any 500 errors showing off of your account. Can you post an example URL?

sowmynarayan

Reaction score
I am not able to find any 500 errors showing off of your account. Can you post an example URL?

Ok!After a few hectic hours and follwing a related post reg Drupal,I manged to solve this problem by turning off the "Search Engine friendly URLS" feature in the Joomla admin.

Apparently the problem might have been due to the SEO URL feature using the .htaccess file for apache_modrewrite.
So do I now have a way to use SEO URLS AND avoid 500 errors?

danprobo

Reaction score
Maybe this can resolve your problems, just uncomment the RewriteBase in your .htaccess file
Code:
#  Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
#  is not directly related to physical file paths.
#  Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root)

# RewriteBase /

sowmynarayan

Reaction score
[SOLVED] Re: Joomla - 500 Server Error:CHMOD DOESN'T SOLVE PROBLEM

Maybe this can resolve your problems, just uncomment the RewriteBase in your .htaccess file
Code:
#  Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
#  is not directly related to physical file paths.
#  Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root)

# RewriteBase /

That works great!Thank you!
Initially,it started throwing 500 errors all over but I cleared my browser's cache and tried again.Now everything works perfect.Thank you again!

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Problem solved

***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.