Joomla

jayanta1

Banned
Reaction score
To back up the Joomla files to your computer you can use an FTP client to connect to your account. Then navigate to your Joomla application folder and download it to your local computer.

Robot3

Reaction score
For Joomla i use Akeba backup, nice and easy going commponent for backuping your site.
After install, go trough wizards, and they will make best configuration for your server. And you can manual sets another configuration if whant.
Then you backup your site, and download this on PC, after that you can upload to another server, and instal from akeba backup, similiar like Joomla instalation, no wory about database and so on. Or you can leave on your server backup, and instal whenewer you whant.
Best practice for me is to have, one copy of site on server, and one on my computer.

relicbeesal36

Reaction score
I guess akeeba backup is great extension for joomla website backup but i usually do it with ftp.

henk506673

Reaction score
akeeba backup

Not meaning to repeat a great suggestion, i would go with akeeba, i actually have had to use it a few times to restore a site and it has always worked perfectly for me. So i would agree with wilson.