JS, CSS takes ages to update

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandea

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently writing JS and CSS scripts, and I save the file and go to the website, but it takes ages to update on the website. It's updated on cPanel but not on the website. It can sometimes take half an hour or more!

Please help me.

Thanks.

unviewed

Reaction score
Disable Cachewall caching, or purge the files manually. Then the caching will be handled browser-side so you will need to clear your cookies etc.

1. Login to cPanel
2. Scroll down to "Software & Services"
3. Click on "Cachewall"
4. Toggle the off switch for your whole domain.

islandea

Reaction score
Disable Cachewall caching, or purge the files manually. Then the caching will be handled browser-side so you will need to clear your cookies etc.

1. Login to cPanel
2. Scroll down to "Software & Services"
3. Click on "Cachewall"
4. Toggle the off switch for your whole domain.
I don't have a 'Cachewall' under software and services.

This is what I have (in order): Optimize website, Select PHP version, SiteBuilder, Softacalous.

unviewed

Reaction score
I don't have a 'Cachewall' under software and services.

This is what I have (in order): Optimize website, Select PHP version, SiteBuilder, Softacalous.
Well that's curious.

In this case it's simply browser side caching. Clear your cookies/files in the settings and revisit the page.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
it takes ages to update on the website
-
x10hosting's free-hosting servers run a combination of the Apache web server and the Varnish cache server
the cache server maybe why there is a delay before you 'see' the file(s) - after you upload it - or see a new 'post'
the caching time (delay) S/B about 5 seconds for dynamic content and about 5 minutes for static content - there are posts in this forum about it being longer

to override [ Varnish cache ] try adding the following line to your [ .htaccess ] file in folder [ public_html ]
Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

the current 'cache' (if any) will need to time-out before this setting becomes effective

You can also check at [ http://isvarnishworking.com ] to see if the .htaccess modification is working. It should say "Yes! Sort of." and then you should see the Cache-Control header underneath

NOTE: you might have a 'cache' in your browser and/or ISP

see --> [ https://x10hosting.com/support/general/varnish-cache?from_search=15919930 ]
-
###

Status
Not open for further replies.