JS help needed

two4one

Reaction score
i am looking for a Java script marquee which can be edited from outside ".js" to administrate.

i tried just a file as "footer.js"

in that i wrote
Code:
document.write('<marquee>this text scrolls</marquee>')

next inserted this code in footer section...
Code:
<script language="javascript" src="footer.js"></script>

but that doesn't working.....

it for news horizontal scrolling... any suggestions

Note: page is using in intranet (No external server)

deaddevil

Reaction score
Its better if you do not use javascripts on your page coz it is not supported by all browsers in the way that it need plugins and slows down the page.i have experienced this.

two4one

Reaction score
deaddevil said:
Its better if you do not use javascripts on your page coz it is not supported by all browsers in the way that it need plugins and slows down the page.i have experienced this.
thanks for your suggestion.

am including this in a intranet home page hosted locally so i hope the page loading time is not a problem here(have processor 2.4GHz).....

darkuranium

Reaction score
deaddevil said:

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!!!!
I know this is old, but it just pisses me off when people think javascript=java (sorry, but it does. At least I'm honest.)
REMEMBER: JAVASCRIPT ISN'T JAVA!!!

It's okay to use javaSCRIPTS. There's another big diffrence: Java is with a cap, that should tell you something (javascripts, Java)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Here are definitions (from http://www.orafaq.com/glossary/faqglosj.htm):

JavaScript - A scripting language produced by Netscape for use within HTML Web pages. Don't confuse JavaScript with Java.

Java -
An multi-platform, object-oriented programming language from Sun Microsystems. The Java language syntax is somewhat similar to C. Java can be used to program applications and applets. Don't confuse Java with JavaScript.

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
what do you mean? IE does not support all of javascript of all of CSS its just microsoft and its stupidity

darkuranium

Reaction score
Ya, if you got IE1... You need to install Sun Java. JavaSCRIPT is supported by all browsers and it doesn't need compiling.

Read my last post again and you'll get what I mean. Hopefully.

greattastic

Reaction score
And some people still use browsers that aren't compliant with js or disable it.