JSP (Java Server Pages) on CPanel

pulse__xx

Reaction score
I want to make all of my pages JSP but im not sure if cpanel supports JSP, my question does it support Jsp and second, is their a way to install jsp on cpanel.

Chris Z

Reaction score
why are you trying to modify the whole cPanel system to JSP??? does it not work fine for you, i think that might be bad somehow since you technically don't own cPanel and it works just fine the way it is, although it'd be faster with ajax or something

Chris Z

Reaction score
oh gotcha, i guess you're other topic screwed with my head a bit lol, sorry for the trouble

Zenax

Reaction score
I have always fount that jsp pages load slower than a normal .php or .html page

Richard

Reaction score
Thats because they do. JSP (Java) is a huge memory hog thats why we don't provide it here. Also JSP hasn't caught on like the other languages.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
You can rename your files to .jsp, just add this to .htaccess in www:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .jsp

I think... to get apache to parse it as php / html.

kryptonyte

Reaction score
Lol ^

I think he wants to actually write his pages in JSP not just disguise his PHP as JSP. To me that sounds kinda stupid but whatever. Believe me very few languages have something available that isn't already possible to do in PHP whether it be in a extension or whatever.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Yeh, i know - just adding your own extension looks cool (Especially if you have a short site name =P) and disguises the fact you use php! :-D

ivbsav

Reaction score
i think is a good idea to put JSP run on our services... perhaps .ASP too.. I mean ASP Script for Apache