Just a... *few* questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleifsp

Reaction score
I had a few technical questions about the server (I hope this is the right place to put this...)

1. Is the cPanel username and password the same as the account panel username and password? (I haven't been able to log in. I think it's because of the server maintenance, but... y'know.) Also, on a semi-related note, I keep getting an error message today when I try to log in to the account panel... server maintenance?
  2. Could a custom 404 page be made? I don't necessarily need this, but it would be nice.
  3. How can I log into the server with an FTP program (FileZilla)?
  4. Is it possible to make something like a subsite on my website? You know how if you go to Myspace or a bank's website or something similar they have the main www.domain.com, but then they also have pictures.domain.com and video.domain.com? This would also be a nice thing to have

EDIT:

I got into the server with FileZilla, but it's telling me that my password is wrong. Is the password different than the account pass?

Last edited:

gothcrow

Reaction score
1 The account user and pass are the forum user & forum pass
2 You can edit with htaccess
3 Yes, the user and pass are the cpanel user & pass
4 Yes, you can create subdomains

eleifsp

Reaction score
When I try to log into the account panel I get this:

An Error Has Occurred
Although you've logged in successfully, there was an error retrieving your account's hosting type from the backend system.

Please post on our forums to seek support on this issue.

Also (although I haven't put any files on my site yet... because I couldn't, and can't log into cPanel, and can't use FileZilla), when I go to geekemporium.exofire.net, it tells me that the domain is available. Just as a test, I just went to the account creation page and typed in geekemporium and entered .exofire.net, and it told me that it was available. Should I go ahead and recreate my account?

Last edited:

kajasweb

Reaction score
Is the cPanel username and password the same as the account panel username and password? (I haven't been able to log in. I think it's because of the server maintenance, but... y'know.) Also, on a semi-related note, I keep getting an error message today when I try to log in to the account panel... server maintenance?
- Use your Forum username and password to login into your Account Management Panel. If you have problems logging into your account, re-check whether you have linked your forum account and Hosting account.
http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-h...-your-hosting-account-your-forum-account.html

# Could a custom 404 page be made? I don't necessarily need this, but it would be nice.
- Free hosting doesn't support Custom Error Pages.

# How can I log into the server with an FTP program (FileZilla)?
- You can use your site URL to connect to FTP with your cPanel username and Password.

# Is it possible to make something like a subsite on my website? You know how if you go to Myspace or a bank's website or something similar they have the main www.domain.com, but then they also have pictures.domain.com and video.domain.com? This would also be a nice thing to have
- Yes, you can create sub-domains. The number of sub-domains vary depending on the Hosting plan you're in.

Last edited:

engel

Reaction score
Actually, you can make custom 404 pages using .htaccess and a text editor; there's a great guide on doing this here.

kajasweb

Reaction score
I'm NOT a staff member here. I just replied with the information from other Staff members' post. Just check with a Staff member to assure whether it is allowed to have Custom Error pages in Free Hosting accounts using .htaccess

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was told that custom error pages on free hosting isn't allowed, or is unavalible...But yeah, ask a staff member...wouldn't want to break the rules.

ragnark

Reaction score
I also have a problem logging in.
I have just created an account 30 minutes ago and i can login on account management but not on cPanel.
does it have anything to do with synchronisation or anything?

Mikey

Reaction score
I also have a problem logging in.
I have just created an account 30 minutes ago and i can login on account management but not on cPanel.
does it have anything to do with synchronisation or anything?

When you log into x10Hosting's Account Manager, you use your forum login and your forum password. If you want to log into your cPanel, you must use the information you placed when you registered for your server.

ragnark

Reaction score
iam using the username and password i provided while registering for the server but i just doesnt work.
when i go to brink.10xhosting.com it also still gives the message domain available.
It looks like it hasn't been activated yet or something.
i'll try registering again to see if it works.
it is just for testing and showing concepts, so the url is not that important.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
You should be able to register again using the same one, it appears that the registration failed last time. If it doesn't, then post here and let an admin know.. However, don't keep this topic alive. Post a new one.

eleifsp

Reaction score
If an admin could look at my account, I would appreciate it. I have now created my account twice. When I created the account the second time, it fixed the problem, but the problem came right back. When I try to log in now, it tells me that I have logged in successfully, but then it gives me this:

An Error Has Occurred
Although you've logged in successfully, there was an error retrieving your account's hosting type from the backend system.

Please post on our forums to seek support on this issue.

It also won't let me see the status of the server.

cPanel also won't let me log in, and neither will my FTP client.

My domain is: geekemporium.exohost.net
My email is: geekemporium@gmail.com

EDIT:

We must have posted at the same time. I'll try that now.

EDIT 2:

It worked. I can log into cPanel now. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.