Just a quick design...

xpodit

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Today I was messing around on GIMP, trying to get to know the interface a little better, and created a new layout. I thought it was pretty cool, and wanted to share it and see what everyone else thought.

The design was designed with a Windows Vista Taste to it. The background image, the beach, is from sxc.hu, and the buttons came from a tutorial on gimp-tutorials.net. Please enjoy!

Link :: http://www.cwdesigns.co.cc/vista/vista.php

agroup

Reaction score
Nice and preety design
can you give me this design
please

xpodit

Reaction score
I was actually thinking of using it for my site, but id be more than willing to create a similar one for you at no charge.

If you are really interested in the layout, P.M. with andything in speific you want on it.

And thanks a bunch for the feedback!

vol7ron

Reaction score
Problem with designs like these: file size and adaptability

If you're planning on not having any scrolling on your pages, where everything is absolute positioned, then this is a fine design to use. However, if you're planning on writing articles and actually doing something with a good amount of content, then this design is probably not the best to use.

The other issue with this is that it's one big image, so even if you slice it, the file size, or even summation of file sizes, is going to be big.

alz4445

Reaction score
The other issue with this is that it's one big image, so even if you slice it, the file size, or even summation of file sizes, is going to be big.

That's what all templates start out as..

xpodit

Reaction score
Thank you! I actually just made the one large image for showing it off. I have it on my personal computer spliced, and coded, so that there is that adaptability for stretching on large articles and what not.

Ill probably upload the design to my site soon because I myself like it. I wasnt even expecting to make anything that looked good I was just trying to get used to GIMP.

xpodit

Reaction score
I actually have it spliced and coded, but I had some problems, and got busy so I put it away for a bit, hopefully I can get to it again soon. Thanks for the feed back!

vperlin

Reaction score
Looks pretty good. I would love to see this with content and then menus in action!

Keep up the good work!

Armacci Design

Reaction score
Not bad... but it seems a little too "gray" for my personal tastes. Maybe giving the frame a little more color, especially with the palm-tree theme, would bring it out a bit more?

lemurina

Reaction score
Hmm.. I should say that.. that menu bar looks pretty vista.. :D but other things.. naah.. :D