Just a quick question about domain/text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanosuke

Reaction score
First of all, I just want to say what a fantasic service you have here. I am enjoying using it so far.

Anyways, to the questions:

1. I have added a domain www.hikkistation.net to my site here. Does it usually take around a day or two before it can be up? Currently, I cannot access http://hikkstation.x10hosting.com/ nor www.hikkistation.net. The pages say: Great Success ! Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server.

Is that a good thing? Are they just working on it so that it can be up in a couple of hours? Thanks if you can answer this question for me.

2. Before I did the "Add Domain" part, I was working on my site through Wordpress. I was making a post, and I added some Japanese text onto it, but when I was checking the page out, the text was viewed as "???". I made a "heart" sign as well, but it still was "???". Is there anyway you guys can help me out with this or do you not support this?

Thanks if you can answer this for me. I hope to continue using this service. :drool:

Note: The majority of the site is in English, but when it comes to a bit of the Japanese text that I can't translate, I always put the original text.

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Regarding the first problem, it can be solved by a Senior Staff. And regarding the Japanese text, were you using any Japanese font to type in the post? I'll move this to Level 2 Support.

Sanosuke

Reaction score
Regarding the first problem, it can be solved by a Senior Staff. And regarding the Japanese text, were you using any Japanese font to type in the post? I'll move this to Level 2 Support.

No Japanese font was used. Just simple text like here: 他のアーテ for example.

Thanks if anybody can help me.

Edit:
Sorry for the double post, but I don't know whether this helps or not, but on my account page, everything on the server status is positive, except for the "exim". Whereas I look at the status on my cPanel, everything is positive except "named" and "Disk /dev/sda3 (/var)".

I hope that can give you guys any clue on what's going on?

Edit 2:

Here is the status on my cPanel.

imap up
cpsrvd up
pop up
lfd up
named failed
exim (exim-4.68-1_cpanel_maildir) up
mysql (5.0.45-community) up
httpd (2.2.8 (Unix)) failed
ftpd up
Server Load 3.24 (4 cpus)
Memory Used 36.5 %
Swap Used 1.27 %
Disk /dev/sda5 (/) 20 %
Disk /dev/sda8 (/home) 66 %
Disk /dev/sda1 (/boot) 18 %
Disk /dev/sda9 (/tmp) 18 %
Disk /dev/sda2 (/usr) 43 %
Disk /dev/sdc (/var/lib/mysql) 9 %
Disk /dev/sdb1 (/backup) 62 %
Disk /dev/sda3 (/var) 99 %

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
It seems that the server was down. I'll notify the staff. Could you provide a link to the blog so that I can see If I get the same problem?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Your domain should be working now, and it appears you made the domain your main domain, so the sub-domain shouldn't be working.

Last edited:

Sanosuke

Reaction score
Gaming X, the domain I would like to use is www.hikkistation.net . The one I currently have on x10Hosting is hikkistation.x10hosting.com . Currently, hikkistation.net is not loading up for me, and hikkistation.x10hosting.com is coming up with a "Domain Available" page. I don't know what's up. By the way, I can't log into Wordpress either.

I'm getting a 404 error: The page you requested does not exist, you can try visiting this site's home page below. staff.x10hosting.com.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.