Just Saying Hello

austoneware91

Reaction score
I know that logging in to the Account Portal is the correct way to keep one's account active. But, I figured I'd log into the community forum too.

Have a Great Day!!

netstat12387

Reaction score
Well I'm still around. Still hacking away at Html and Css using a text editor , and Debian Squeeze linux for an OS. I'm in my 6Th decade on the planet and I enjoy this stuff. Don't get to watch much TV. Thanks x10.

erniehan

Reaction score
Hello, Me too, in sixth decade on planet earth. Hacking HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Soon to try PHP.

Ernie

tsbertalan21

Reaction score
Hello, Me too, in sixth decade on planet earth. Hacking HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Soon to try PHP.

Ernie

You should. Depending on how you treat it, it can be simple HTML with a few extras, or a full-featured programming language in itself. Although I don't suppose you could do large-scale numerical computation in PHP since the process would run out of memory allowed execution time.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

... large-scale numerical computation in PHP ...

Now that I think about it, I wonder whether you could do that? Just as an experiment. I know it's possible to increase PHP's memory limit, and surely it's possible to raise the execution time limit to something really bigg, or just remove it. The problem would probably be lack of libraries--you'd have to implement from scratch any numerical algorithms you wanted, like a Jacobi or Gauss-Seidel solver or some such.

This would not be something you'd do on X10 hosting.

****, now I'm going to have to go try to see if there are any BLAS wrappers for PHP.

boyhubx1

Reaction score
hello also. i really enjoy all the services and everyone on the forum is very helpful.

netstat12387

Reaction score
Still going thanks to x10 hosting.
Got a dual boot old Dell machine on my left. ( wXP and ubu10.4)
And a dual boot old Dell on my right. (debsqueeze and Linux Mint 12 kDE )
I dont understand much of any of it but I keep hacking away at it all
Got a 9$ subscription to Safari Books on line and I keep reading it on the xp or ubu machine while typing in gedit or kate on other
Linux machine .I sure hope you're still doing the same erniehan.