Just some questions

Muddle

Reaction score
It is exceedingly difficult to figure out where to post in this forum. I posted this in feedback as I was not really asking about free hosting but I'll try here. I've been waiting for 2 days for a response from staff to an email sent using your form.

MY ORIGINAL POST;

Perhaps I'm missing or misunderstanding something. I did submit the email form to 10X 'staff' but have no reply. I'm interested in a 3 year account but want some better information first. Here goes.
The outline for Premium service for 3 years states;
FREE DOMAIN EACH YEAR
FREE SSL CERTIFICATE
FREE DEDICATED IP ADDRESS

Further down the page prices are stated as; All of the .com, .net, .org, and .info TLDs are only $9.95 per year. And if your website needs security, we also offer traditional SSL Certificates and Wildcard SSL certificates for only $9.95 and $49.95 per year.

To me, this is highly confusing.
Questions;
If I sign up for your 3 year plan is SSL and domain renewal included? If so does this count for a domain pointed or do I need to transfer?
I have just purchased a .com domain. If I sign up for your free hosting to start (as a trial), can I use this or do I need to use one of the odd extensions?
Can I have 2 websites (and domains) on one plan or do I need a separate plan for each?
If I sign up for 3 year premium at 3.95 usd does it jump in price at renewal?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i am not familiar with the premium services,
but the community forums are generally for free account holders to help other free users.
this might explain why you haven't yet got a reply about this.

Official support staff only visit the forums periodically but someone might answer your questions soon.
but you can also try using the discord service to get faster support.

As for you using a .com domain name with a free account, i believe you can do this by changing DNS settings,
ive seen others doing this with their free accounts (but i personally have not)

there has been a new 1 account per ip address rule put in place now.
meaning you cannot have 2 free accounts from same ip address, this will cause a blocked ip.
but this is related to the free accounts. i am not sure on the premium accounts.

Muddle

Reaction score
i am not familiar with the premium services,
but the community forums are generally for free account holders to help other free users.
this might explain why you haven't yet got a reply about this.

Official support staff only visit the forums periodically but someone might answer your questions soon.
but you can also try using the discord service to get faster support.

As for you using a .com domain name with a free account, i believe you can do this by changing DNS settings,
ive seen others doing this with their free accounts (but i personally have not)

there has been a new 1 account per ip address rule put in place now.
meaning you cannot have 2 free accounts from same ip address, this will cause a blocked ip.
but this is related to the free accounts. i am not sure on the premium accounts.
Thank you for replying. There appears no way to receive a direct response from staff regarding paying for accounts. I used the email form provided. As for Discord, I know nothing of this and really wish to avoid yet another platform. Facebook and Google alone creep me out and interfere daily in my online activity.

It is unfortunate because 10X comes across as having a different attitude and approach from other hosting businesses. Most have dangling carrots of cheap 3 year plans while hiding expensive SSL or domain renewals. I was very encouraged by the 10X statements but I cannot trust in someone/something taking days to reply to a presales question. BTW my experience matches high profile reviews posted on the web. If you do communicate with staff, it may be wise to suggest correcting this problem, that is if they want subscribers.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I missed your previous post and I have replied there, However here is my reply again if required :

I apologize for over looking this question.

Our system will automatically change the cost of 1 domain registration and the SSL option upon ordering the 3 year plan to $0. The total cost for 3 year plan is $142.20 and includes one domain name renewal for the 3 years as long as the plan is active and SSL.

If I sign up for your 3 year plan is SSL and domain renewal included? If so does this count for a domain pointed or do I need to transfer?
This does not count for a domain pointed as we do not control the registrar. You would need to transfer this domain to us to take advantage of the free domain.

Domain renewal and SSL's for each year the plan is active is free and included.

I have just purchased a .com domain. If I sign up for your free hosting to start (as a trial), can I use this or do I need to use one of the odd extensions?

You can change the nameservers at your domain registrar to ours ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com and then add the purchased .com domain to your panel via our dashboard for free hosting.

Can I have 2 websites (and domains) on one plan or do I need a separate plan for each?

Free hosting allows you to have 3 websites and domains on one account. Our Premium hosting allows for unlimited domains and websites for one account.

If I sign up for 3 year premium at 3.95 usd does it jump in price at renewal?

The price for the 3 year plan is $142.20 up front. This comes out to the $3.95 / mo over the time period of the plan. When you renew 3 years later the plan price will remain the same.

Note that we do not have any hidden fees or charges. When you pay for our 3 year plan upfront , you will have a valid SSL for ALL domain and website you host within your package for the entire period of the plan.

I was very encouraged by the 10X statements but I cannot trust in someone/something taking days to reply to a presales question
I do apologize as these forums are for our free hosting support so feedback and replies are a bit delayed here. You could always join discord and ask about our services and soon as an admin member is available all details would be provided. I believe I also read somewhere you filled out a contact form. If you can provide a link to that form so I can make sure it is working properly on our end as I do not see any request regarding information from you at this time via our inbox for support and general contact.

Note that our premium users also have a dedicated 24/7 support ticket system in which all support and general related questions and concerns are answered very quickly as needed.

Muddle

Reaction score
Hello,

I missed your previous post and I have replied there, However here is my reply again if required :

I apologize for over looking this question.

Our system will automatically change the cost of 1 domain registration and the SSL option upon ordering the 3 year plan to $0. The total cost for 3 year plan is $142.20 and includes one domain name renewal for the 3 years as long as the plan is active and SSL.

Domain renewal and SSL's for each year the plan is active is free and included.

You can change the nameservers at your domain registrar to ours ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com and then add the purchased .com domain to your panel via our dashboard for free hosting.

Free hosting allows you to have 3 websites and domains on one account. Our Premium hosting allows for unlimited domains and websites for one account.

The price for the 3 year plan is $142.20 up front. This comes out to the $3.95 / mo over the time period of the plan. When you renew 3 years later the plan price will remain the same.

Note that we do not have any hidden fees or charges. When you pay for our 3 year plan upfront , you will have a valid SSL for ALL domain and website you host within your package for the entire period of the plan.

I do apologize as these forums are for our free hosting support so feedback and replies are a bit delayed here. You could always join discord and ask about our services and soon as an admin member is available all details would be provided. I believe I also read somewhere you filled out a contact form. If you can provide a link to that form so I can make sure it is working properly on our end as I do not see any request regarding information from you at this time via our inbox for support and general contact.

Note that our premium users also have a dedicated 24/7 support ticket system in which all support and general related questions and concerns are answered very quickly as needed.
Do you just want a link to the blank form? Once I submitted I n longer have access to the filled form.