Just wondering but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chatter911

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering you know SMF can be installed through cpanel well I installed it yesterday and everything was fine but when i try to upload a mod to it, it says
UPLOAD FILE MISSING
it worked when i installed a warning mod for it but i tried to install some more last night and all i got was the error message, is there anything i can do to fix this cos i checked all the files and they are there or do you think its best to remove it and then install it again? Also this was before the servers were down

Thanks,

Steven

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Try installing it again or if it dosent work i can do it for you pm me and ill be happy to.

Goten X

Reaction score
Not all the mods work. Some ARE missing some files, and thats the creator's fault, not the user. Its probaly not your fault.

|GX

Stingah

Reaction score
Ya, some mods alter your accounts in which it could completely lock you out of the forum. I would suggest you always install mods to a test forum (make a 2nd smf forum) and make sure no harmful side effects occur. Some mods are designed for specific versions and newer/older versions could cause problems. If you don't take the time to do this, you usually have to completely start over with installing your forum and any working mods you had working.

Chatter911

Reaction score
Stingah said:
Ya, some mods alter your accounts in which it could completely lock you out of the forum. I would suggest you always install mods to a test forum (make a 2nd smf forum) and make sure no harmful side effects occur. Some mods are designed for specific versions and newer/older versions could cause problems. If you don't take the time to do this, you usually have to completely start over with installing your forum and any working mods you had working.
Yeah i do that to make sure everything is ok and i checked the mod file to see if everything is working and have the correct files, when the server comes back online and romove it and install SMF again because something like has happened to me before but the host fixed it for me, but im sure i can fix it if i romove and install it :)

Thanks,

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.