Keep getting constant Unable to connect error

Status
Not open for further replies.

user9999

Reaction score
Hi,

I just started using the free version of x10hosting and installed wordpress. However when working on the page I constantly get Unable to connect error. Then it works again for 5min just to be followed by more Unable to connect etc.

Makes working on a site very difficult. Not sure if thats normal or limited to me?

On that note. Anyone knows if I can run wordpress locally on my computer and upload it to the x10hosting site after I finished the design?

Thanks

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I just started using the free version of x10hosting and installed wordpress. However when working on the page I constantly get Unable to connect error. Then it works again for 5min just to be followed by more Unable to connect etc.

Makes working on a site very difficult. Not sure if thats normal or limited to me?

On that note. Anyone knows if I can run wordpress locally on my computer and upload it to the x10hosting site after I finished the design?

Thanks
MYSQL server is down at the moment.. Admins are alerted about that

This issue will resolve soon.. Please have patience and sorry for any inconvenience.

Edit/Add: Don`t open a support ticket.. We already have flood of tickets about this issue..

@vishal.. Read his problem first then suggest him to open support ticket..

Last edited:

libraire

Reaction score
You can build your WP site locally and off-line.

Youneed to equip yourself with XAMPP & Firefox with firebug extension and a texteditor (HTMLkit is good)

Take a bit of setting up, but it all works !

user9999

Reaction score
Thank you all.

@libraire - so funny that you mentioned XAMPP. After I had the connecting problems I googled how to run wordpress offline and came across XAMPP too. Watching a youtube tutorial about how to use it right now and the tutorial is very good and straightforward.

Here is the link btw if anyone wants to run wordpress or other php/mySQL applications offline for testing purposes and upload to x10hosting later on.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kentuckyclassroom#p/u/19/7rE8LXtOdYU (thats part 2 btw but part 1 is there also)

Status
Not open for further replies.